Chapter 2

Santana screamed out in frustration when she got home, swearing in both Spanish and English. She hated the blonde soccer 'star', as everyone claimed the blonde was. The Latina didn't even get why the other girl was popular, soccer was like the lamest sport you can play anywhere in her opinion.

She changed into a black tank top and some grey sweatpants. She groaned yet again before flopping down onto her bed, shutting her eyes tightly. Cheer leading always took up a lot of her energy, but it seems like so much more now days. Coach Sylvester has been cracking down on the Cheerios because she caught a group of them eating skittles during practice, so naturally Santana is the one who gets punished.

her eyes fluttered open when she heard the sound of the door slamming, meaning that her father was drunk again. She could hear him saying random crap in Spanish as he yanked her door open.

"Get the fuck up and make me dinner you stupid bitch!" He yelled, throwing his empty beer can into her room before storming back into the living room.

"Whatever." Was the younger Lopez's response. She knew he'd probably forget in a few minutes, pass out, then force her to clean up the mess he made. It was pretty much a daily routine for her now that her parents got divorced.

Slowly getting up from her position, she picked up the beer can and tossed it into the trash, piling up from all the other things her father had drunkinly thrown into her room. She fell back into her bed a second later and shut her eyes again.

"SANTANA!" Her father roared.

"Shut the hell up and pass out already!" She yelled back, not bothering to move at all.

"SANTANA GET DOWN HERE BEFORE I DRAG YOUR STUPID ASS OUT OF YOUR ROOM!" He threatened. When she didn't respond, he stomped into her room and began to punch her repeatedly in the stomach. Santana struggled to get out of his grip, but her father was way stronger than she was.

"NEXT TIME I ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING, IT BETTER HAPPEN OR THIS WILL GET WORSE YOU WORTHLESS EXCUSE FOR A DAUGHTER!" He spat in her face, punching her one last time before leaving.

Santana laid there for a while, clutching her stomach in pain. Getting her breathing back to normal, she pulled over a grey sweatshirt and threw on her old converse. Quietly slipping out of the house, the Latina walked as quickly as she could towards the Lima Bean.

Entering the coffee shop, she noted that there was more Dalton boys than usual, a few football players from her school, and some of the Carmel students were there too, which was strange in Santana's opinion because they never come this far into Lima.

She sat down at a empty table, pulling out her phone while waiting for her order. She went through Facebook, rolling her eyes at most of the things her fellow Cheerios posted. Everytime she goes on her account, she wonders how they became Cheerios in the first place.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?" She looked up and saw it was one of the Carmel boys. He had a flirtatious smile, but his eyes were cold and distant. She was pretty sure he was checking out the waitress behind her.

"Drinking coffee, because this is a coffee shop." She replied sarcastically, hoping he'd leave her alone. Today, was just not her day, because he stayed and tried flirting with her again.

"Look, I don't play for your team, can you just please leave me alone?" She asked quietly.

"Oh, that's a relief, I'm gay too. It just looked like you were having a bad day." He said, sitting in the chair next to hers. "I'm Jessie."

"Santana." She said, shaking his hand.

"So, if it's okay, can I ask why are you having such a bad day?"

" It's just, soccer seasons coming up and because it's such a big deal to everyone, coach has been pushing us harder than normal."

"You're a soccer player?"

"Cheerleader."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I hate the soccer team, but because I'm the head cheerleader I have to attend all games, pep rally's and anything else that has to do with them."

"Why do you hate them so much? Last time I checked, McKinley has the best soccer team in the state."

"How do you know I went to McKinley?"

"I heard the football players talking about a girl name Santana."

"Makes sense, they can never keep to themselves."

"Well, I got to go, Vocal Adrenaline has another practice, but I look forward to talking to you again." He said, handing her his number.

"Yeah, me too." She smiled at him, taking the paper and adding him as a contact in her phone. She watched as he left with the other Carmel kids, taking a sip of her coffee.

She left the Lima Bean shortly after that, walking home and luckily avoiding her father. Unluckily, she tripped over her cheer bag when she got into her room, falling onto her history book. The Latina gasped out in pain, placing her hand over her stomach.

"Dammit," she muttered, lifting her sweatshirt and tank top up. Her stomach was newly bruised, huge purplish spots where her father had hit her.

Falling onto her bed, Santana wondered how did her life end up like this. Her parents were fine one day, then they weren't. Her father wasn't an alcoholic, now he was. Coach Sue didn't care about soccer, and now she did. Santana didn't talk to strangers, but today she did. It made her wonder how it ended up that way.

And the worse part, in her mind, was that tomorrow she'd have to go through another day of torture tomorrow. No complaining, no say in anything, she would just have to suck up all the pain and do what coach Sue says all the time. 'Get the fuck over it.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it isn't the best, but I hope you guys will enjoy this....update. I know it doesn't sound like Santana at all, but I did a lot of things that doesn't sound like either of them in both of these stories about them so far. And I added jessie in because I can, and I made him gay because....yeah.

Anyways! So, my friend, stuffstuff606 is writing a story! it's her first story and it's really good, so please go check it out! like I said, it's her first story, so she needs some reassurance. Okay, that is all I have to say, oh! Tell me below which story should I update next, this one or Another love story.

-Niamlover42