Chapter 17

Keith pulled away with regret and shock on his face.

"Oh Chris. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." He said and then left.

I'm still frozen on what just happened. My mind is still processing the fact that Keith Carlton, the Keith Carlton just kissed me. This is one of those times when you would ask yourself if all of this is a dream. A part of me is certain that it must be.

I mean all my life, I've been trying to get Keith's attention. Now, when I feel so weak, he decides to kiss me and it just feels like I'm in a roller coaster.

You're perfect and anyone would be lucky to have you.

I got a lot of things on my mind right now and I don't want Keith to add to that, but I guess I got no choice.

I forced myself to stand up but my body is still refusing to do so. Gravity seems to be more in control of my body than I am now.

Carter.

Carter's face flashed before my mind and it was enough to kept me going. I stood up and made my way inside the house. I walked upstairs but it seems that in every step, a strong magnetic force is trying to stop me. I feel so weak right now and confused. I need him.

I finally reached the last step and walked to our room. I pushed the door open and a pair of strong arms welcomed me.

"Chris I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Carter said and it was all I really needed.

I hugged Carter back and somehow we managed to reached the bed. We lied there, not letting go of each other. Carter's warmth covered me and it feels like time stopped. It's just the two of us right there. With no one or anything to take us apart.

You're perfect and anyone would be lucky to have you.

"Carter, I love you." I muttered, trying to remove Keith's voice in my head.

"Chris, I love you and I always will. Please remember that." Carter pressed his lips against mine and I kissed back.

We talked all night about our problems. I woke up the next morning with Carter gone from the bed.

I went downstairs only to find out everyone in the kitchen. I looked at Keith but he didn't look back. Carter was preparing breakfast for us. There were already some food on the table. There were toasts, strips of bacon, scrambled eggs, omelet and more.

I sat down on the seat next to Red which is right across Keith.

"Good morning." I greeted all of them. They all greeted back except Keith who was busy stabbing the strip of bacon.

Carter arrived giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning." He greeted then placed a plate of pancakes in front of me. It was a pile of 6 pancakes and a strawberry on top with some sort of syrup oozing on top of it.

My jaw dropped to how delicious the pancakes looked like.

"Especially for you." Carter said and sat down beside me.

"Uh, Unfair." Red pouted.

I sliced a piece and tasted the work of art in front of me. The taste was more fantastic than the presentation itself. I remembered my mother pancakes and what I use think is impossible became possible, Carter's pancakes were better than my mother's.

"This is so good." I told Carter. He gave me a warm smile and a peck on the lips. I'm happy that everything is going back to normal. Except for one thing, I looked at Keith and he looked back at me with jealousy on his face. I turned away and munched on the pancakes again.