Chapter 24

I got in my car and drove off from our driveway feeling all the stress from last night fill my body. It was still a little early for school, but I figured I could get some coffee from Starbucks just to jumpstart my day. I need a major energy blast after all the things that happened last night which were kind of overwhelming. Me telling Carter about Keith kissing me was the highlight and I'm not entirely sure what to feel.

Should I be relieved that a secret like that has been lifted off of me or should I be worried about what Carter would do when he sees Keith?

I know I already told Carter to not react extremely towards Keith because I don't want Mandy finding out about the kiss from someone else and not from Keith. I really do hope that they could be mature about this and work things out as peaceful as possible.

I reached the Starbucks that I usually pass by on the way to school. I got my coffee and made my way to school.

A few moments later, I arrived at school and got out of my car. I threw my now empty coffee cup to the nearest trash chute. My phone lit up and the screen reveals a text from Carter which apparently he texted before I left for school.

I guess I forgot to check my phone before I left my house.

"I'm here at school already. I had to finish some projects. I'll see you later."

"Okay. See you later." I texted back.

I was walking towards the school lobby when I noticed a crowd circling around the locker area. I was hearing cheers of wild students on my way to the scene so it's either there was a celebrity who decided to pay our school a visit or there's a fight happening.

I rushed towards the students and gasped as I saw the what the commotion was all about.

"Carter!" I exclaimed as I ran towards him to pull him away from Keith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carter's POV

I got out of my car with this heavy feeling inside me. The image of Chris and Keith kissing that has been flashing in my mind made its appearance again. I clenched my jaw, giving in to my anger.

I have always been jealous of how Chris felt about Keith. What makes it worse is that somewhere in the back of my mind, I know he still feels the same way. I mean it's pretty hard to just forget something like that.

Moving on is never easy, talking from experience. It took me years to get over Gina and how she could just throw away something like what we had. I felt the world crumble right under my very feet and it took breaking a lot of innocent hearts before I could realize that I need to forget what Gina did.

I really thought that I would never be happy again after that.

Then I met Chris.

I am not sure exactly what it is about Chris that drives me nuts, in a good way. Being around him just feels right, like it's what destined for me. It feels as if I can be myself when I'm with him. I really love being with him. So that is probably why I am so worked up with the idea of someone kissing him.

This might sound obsessive of me, but I really don't want Keith doing things that hurt Chris. I thought I had nothing to worry about, but after hearing from Chris that Keith kissed him, I just let my instincts take over. I acted like the jealous boyfriend that I am which is perfectly reasonable.

I mean who would want their boyfriends to be kissed by someone else?

I nodded to assure myself that I was right.

What makes me angrier is the fact that he told Chris that he was a little drunk that's why he kissed him.

What a load of crap.