Chapter 7

"Come on! Just one drink!" Mark has been persuading me to drink for a while now.

I've been sitting here since we arrived. Red left me all alone and showed the dance floor who's boss. I've been scanning the whole place and almost everyone from the school was invited. Thank God Mandy and Keith are not here, or maybe I just haven't really seen them.

"I really don't want to! I'm sorry!" I shouted so he'd hear me. The music is very loud. Chris Brown's "Turn Up The Music" is playing.

Turn up the music (just turn it up louder)

Turn up the music (I need it in my life, yeah)

"Oh. Please, for me?" Mark gave me the puppy eyes. I though about it for a minute.

Turn up the music (just turn it up louder)

Turn up the music (I need it in my life, yeah)

"Oh, what the heck!" I grabbed the glass and gulped the drink. The taste was just as I expected it. It was horrible! I made a disgusted face and Mark laughed.

"Come on! Let's dance!" Mark grabbed my hand and pulled me in the center. We danced like party animals and thank goodness almost everyone is dancing so it isn't a really weird moment for me.

Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohhh

Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohhh (turn up the music)

Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohhh

Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohhh (turn up the music)

I looked at Mark and realized how cute he really is. His smile while dancing was just adorable. But, there's just this one thing that has been bugging me, why is he being nice to me? I mean we've never really talked or hung out before. Is it maybe because he likes me? Hell, I'm note even sure if he's gay so it really complicates the situation.

"Nice party!" A girl said to Mark.

"Thanks!" The girl grabbed Mark and started dancing with him. I felt uncomfortable about the situation.

"I think I better go look for Red." I turned my back and just as I did, I felt a hand grabbed my arm. I looked behind me and saw Mark still dancing with the girl but his hand holding me.

"I'll see you later Chris." He smiled at me and let go. Okay, that was weird.

I searched the house for any sign of Red. I scanned the whole house. It's a big one, but not as big as Keith's. I'm on the first floor and it's packed. I looked up at the second floor and saw many doors that probably the bedrooms of the house.

"Ugh. Where is that girl?" I muttered to myself.

I continued looking for Red. These people dancing really isn't really helping for my search of my crazy best friend.

I bumped into someone who seems really strong for me to stumble down.

"Woah, I'm sorry!"

I looked up to see who's this jerk apologizing for bumping into me.

"Chris!" Keith helped me up to stand. "I'm sorry!"

"Man, you're strong!"

"Keith, here's your--" Mandy stopped speaking when she saw me with Keith. She's holding two red cups. "Oh, hi Chris."

"Yeah, whatever." I walked away from them which might have been really rude but I couldn't care less. It turns out that my anger hasn't soothed yet.

"Chris my love!" I felt someone embraced me.

"Red! I've been looking everywhere for you!" I turned around and saw a dancing Red.