Chapter 9

I quickly shut my mouth as everyone stared at me. I tilted my head down a little bit and looked at Red's direction. She's raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm sorry." I mouthed at her.

"Mr. Johnes, if we can contain our excitement to ourselves that would be nice." Mr. Anderson commented. "Mr. Davidson, please just choose any of the seat and you may now sit down."

Carter started walking straight my way. He sat on the empty seat beside me.

"Hi, Mr. Johnes." Carter smiled at me.

"Hi." I blushed.

"Nice to meet you again. I didn't know you go to this school. What a small world huh?"

"Yeah. Well, I didn't know you'd go here. So you're the British guy that's everyone been talking about. So much for the awaited sexy accent."

"What?"

"Well, everyone's been talking about you before you even arrive. Well, mostly girls. They said you were hot.." I stopped. "Anyway, they also said that you're going to have this sexy British accent. Well bummer."

"I'm sorry, I don't have the accent. I never got your name. So can we introduce each other again? Hi, I'm Carter Davidson." He offered his hand.

I blushed too much that it's really obvious. I took his hand and shook it. "Hi, I'm Chris Johnes. It's nice to meet you."

"Chris? Nice name. So, Hi Chris." He smiled at me.

I quickly pulled my hand as I saw him looked at me. His pale gray eyes that intrigued me that night are looking at me right now. I shifted my head to the board and still blushing.

I turned my head to take a look at him again, I was surprised to see him still staring at me.

"What?" I blushed.

"Nothing. It's just really cute how you turn red." He teased me.

"Oh, shut up." I barked at him.

"Mr. Johnes, you can talk after the class, but can you listen right now.?" Mr. Anderson said.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

I started listening to the lesson and then again, I can't focus. Not with Carter right next to me.

I look at Carter once in a while and sometimes still catching him look at me. I guess I'm not the only one staring. Some of the girls are looking at him and when he sees them, he smiles at them and the girls go nuts.

The bell rang and I quickly grabbed all of my things and stood up. I saw Red coming my way. She grabbed my arm and dragged me outside the room. We stopped by my locker.

"What was that?" Red asked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that he was the new student everyone's been talking about."

"What do you mean? You know him?"

"I kind of met him the night when Keith announced in his birthday party about her and Mandy. Remember I ran from there. Well I sat on this bench and he was there hiding. We talked a little and he introduced himself but I wasn't able to tell him my name because he ran away before I even got to."

"He ran away?"

"Yeah, there was this British man in a suit chasing after him." I stopped when I remembered something. I pulled out a red handkerchief from my pocket and showed it to Red. "He gave this to me."