Chapter 26

"Hey you don't need to worry. It's not like something is going to happen." I assured Carter. We've been talking for a while now and what I planned to be a small talk where I tell him about me going over to Keith's house to work on our project turned to a heated reminder.

"I just don't trust that guy." Carter said.

"Isn't it just the other day when the two of you were practically bros? You even planned to show him your new car." I replied.

"Well that was before he went around kissing another guy's boyfriend."

"You know I like it when you're all possessive. It even turns me on a little bit." I jokingly uttered.

"Well then maybe we should work on that instead. Forget about that stupid project of yours." He replied.

"Only if I could. Anyway, I gotta get going. I'll call you when we're done."

"Can't I at least come with? Just to make sure nothing happens that isn't supposed to happen."

"Hey! You gotta give me more credit than that!" I replied angrily. Carter is really taking this whole situation out of proportions. "It's not like I'm not going there to hook up with Keith okay? You know what I'll talk to you later." I said and hung up the phone.

The drive to Keith's house was somewhat familiar, but weird at the same time. I remembered those times when I would casually pass by his house in the hopes of getting a glimpse of him. Now, the last time I was here was when I got my letter of confession from him and I even left him a souvenir that probably left his jaw uneven for a week. I really don't know what had gotten to me that day.

I pulled over at the familiar gate.

"Good day Mr. Nichols." I told the security guard who was also the one who greeted me the last time I was here.

"Okay, let me just get Mr. Carlton." He replied and pressed the familiar button that allows him to communicate with the people inside the house. "Sir, Mr. Johnes is here for you."

"Okay let him in." Keith's voice said over the speaker.

Mr. Nichols pressed another button and the gate opened. I parked my car and walked on the familiar pavement. When I reached the front doors of Keith's house, he was there standing and ready to welcome me. He was wearing a white tank top and a blue shorts which exposed most of his muscly body.

"Glad you come to our humble abode." Keith said with a grin. I rolled my eyes at him with a small smile. His face is still a little red from what took place between him and Carter.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked.

"Only when I breath." He joked.

We made our way to his room, with him leading. I remembered that I used to dream about this exact situation, only on a different circumstance. I used to fantasized about him taking me to his room to do what lovers do, but that seemed like another blur in the memory of the past. That could never happen now, and I'm pretty sure that it was never going to happen.

"I actually have some ideas for our project." Keith said which broke the silence.

"That's great! I wouldn't want a slacker for a partner." I said.

"That's not very nice Mr. Johnes." He said which made the both of us laugh.

I observed the rest of the house. It had that same ambiance that I noticed when Carter showed me his house. A big house that has the potential to shelter a large number of people, yet it seemed as if we're the only people in it.

"It's so quiet in here. Where is everyone?" I asked, still looking around trying to find any signs of life.

"I'm the only one home. Don't worry, you're safe." Keith said with an odd expression on his face. I was waiting for a snicker that never came.