Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

What the fuck! Those three words keep running through my mind over and over and over again.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I look around the room at everyone. It looks like a fucking connect the dots worksheet! Kendra has her gun pointed at Ash, Kane is aiming at Kendra, Ian is inching his way to stand in front of his mate but still has a gun pointing in Kane's direction, Grace has somehow managed to get a gun from somewhere and is aiming at Ian, and Shadow, well she looks like she is in shock. The girl even has her mouth hanging open and her eyes are as round as saucers. Then I turn to Nathan and he looks just as confused as Shadow.

So back to the what the fuck!

This can't be happening.

Finally I find my voice and ask, "What the hell is going on? Kendra, come on, that is your sister you are threatening. We don't do this kind of shit to each other. Please explain, 'cause what I am starting to think, is as bad as this situation looks." Man, please don't tell me she is the traitor. She can't be, she just can't. I refuse to believe she is.

"Indy, come the fuck on. You know me. Don't you dare start thinking I am the god damn rat!"

"Then tell me why the hell you are protecting him." I reply back to her, nodding my head towards this Jayce guy.

"I will tell you but it is going to be in private. Just you, me and the girls. Now!" She says, looking torn about something. She continues to say while looking at all the guys, "And while we are talking, none of you are to lay a hand on one another. You touch him, I will not hesitate to fucking behead you!" After that, she walks out the door and into the hallway.

I look at the girls and they all decide that its best to listen to what she has to say before we start trying to killing each other. So, following Kendra's lead, the rest of us exit the room.

Once I get into the hallway, Kendra leads us a little further away and into an empty VIP room. The room is trashed and looks like the people who were here, just left. Explains why it's empty. When we all get settled into the room, Ashlee speaks up and says, "Well, are you going to tell me why you did that?"

"Would you stop acting like a butt hurt bitch? Look, I'm sorry I threatened you. No, I am not the damn snitch, I hope that none of you even thought that about me." Kendra says, looking piss and disapppointed.

"We don't know what to think but I am sure none of us would have even considered you to be the rat. Can you please get to the point though?" I ask her. I really want to know what the hell is going on with her.

"Yeah, well you see, if anyone of you would have hurt him, you would have hurt me. Killing him would have lead to my death. Uhm, he is my mate. And trust me, I am so not very happy about this shit. I mean, he is hot as hell. There is no denying that, but I don't want a mate. Can't you see my problem here? I would love to let you kill him, but we can't."

Damn! Did not see that one coming. Kendra is a lot like me when it comes to her feelings about finding a mate. We just do not want one. About the whole protecting Jayce thing, I totally see why now. She had no choice, if she wanted to live, she had to protect him.

We can't live without our mates once we find them. If the die, we follow after. It is said to be a painful experience. First our wolf goes into mourning for the loss, then they slowly die. In turn this makes us human, then we can and will get all kinds of sicknesses that we wouldn't get if we were still wolves. Upon getting sick, our lives end shortly after. I don't know about others but I personally wouldn't want to go through that. So, like I said, I understand.