Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

Pounding. Throbbing. Burning. I am drowning in those three feelings. Everywhere I can feel is either throbbing, pounding, or burning. Some places all of the three. My head is pounding so hard that I don't know which will explode first. My head or my heart? The throbbing is rocking my body from every part. Even my gums are in pain. Is it even possible for a belly button to be in pain?

The pounding in my head is so bad I can't hear. I try to get a sense of my surroundings with just sound but that obviously isn't going to work.

Slowly I try to peel my eyes open. Bright lights. Quickly I squeeze my lids shut. Fuck this sucks. Confusion is starting to set in. What the hell is going on? It feels like there is a cement wall surrounding the inside of my head. I am alone. Entirely alone in my head. I used to relish in this thought. Now? Now it scares me.

Knowing I'm not going to get any answers by worrying about the loneliness that fills my head, I decide to try the eye opening thing again. As I force them open, I fight past the pain that the bright sunlight is causing in my head. The first thing I notice is that I am not alone but I don't have the strength in me to keep my eyes open long enough to see anything clearly.

With my eyes closed again, I force myself to get a hold of my body. All I can feel is the throbbing but at least I can feel that. I also know that I am lying on my back in a weird position. One leg, my left I think, is twisted in a strange position. I can't see it, but when I try to move it, I get a sharp pain that shoots off in a zing-zong like pattern before making its way to my head.

I can't seem to get my mind to concentrate on anything right now. I know I need to get a hold of myself. Figure out my surroundings, examine the state my body is, and figure out where I am. But for now, I'm going to let the pain take over again. Exhaustion. That's what I am feeling right now. I will let sleep take over for now. When I feel rejuvenated, then I will figure out everything else.

Unknown POV:

Can things get any more screwed up? First I was running late for the show down and by the time I got there all kinds of hell broke loose. Of course I feel terrible. Just just for the fact that I have lead people on and let those same people down, but now I have done something I never wanted to do. I, in time, will have killed the one person I have somehow fell in love with. I swore to my boss and myself that this wouldn't happen.

Fuck it, there isn't anything I can do about it now that it is over. I guess instead of feeling sorry for myself, I will get back to what my new fucked up job is. Watching the groaning prisoners. Oh joy.

As I walk back down the stairs to the holding floor below the boss's house, I smell all sorts of nasty shit; Silver, piss, blood, sweat, and death lingers in the air. Walking up to the iron barred doors, I unlock it and make my way to the newest prisoner. A sexy woman. I'm not sure you can get much sexier then her, honestly.

Before she got here, the guys bringing her in decided to have a little fun with her while she was out of it. This left her naked and covered in about five different men's semen. That pissed me off. They took it too far. Running my eyes over her body, I see that it isn't all they did to her. She has a bullet wound in her left shoulder, cuts and bruises everywhere, and a face so swollen it is almost hard to recognize her.

Kneeling down, I run my right hand over her split lips, "I'm so sorry this had to happen. Especially to you." Standing back up, I pull my navy blue t-shirt over my head and lay it over her body. Sighing to myself once again, I think to myself how I will never forgive myself for this.

Interrupting me from my thought, I hear the doors behind me open and before I turn to see who it is, I hear, "Well isn't that sweet but what the hell are you doing man?" James, God knows I hate him. Throwing a look over my shoulder, I tell him what I was doing, covering her body. "Oh no use in that, the boss wants her. Now. You need to wake her up so we can drag her ass up to him," James says, adding "Also, I was told to watch you with her. Incase you try something stupid. So try to make it look believable that you don't like the whore."

Should have known they would be watching me. Oh well. Looking back at her swollen but peaceful face, I silently apologize one more time before I raise my foot and kick her in the ribs, yelling at her to wake up. At first, she doesn't move. "What are you trying to kick, a flower?" James taunts.

Letting out an annoyed breath, I turn my attention back to waking her up. Kicking her a lot harder this time, her face scrunched up in pain and I grab her by the back of the head. Pulling her hair as I tell her to wake the fuck" up. Groaning in pain, she rolls over on to her stomach, coughing and trying to catch her breath. "Hurry and get up. We don't have time for your shit!"

Indica's POV:

Pain, excruciating pain, starting in my ribs, runs every which way in my body. I thought I hurt before, that didn't have shit on what I was feeling now. It's like the haze and numbness wore off and I can feel everything ten times worse now. Before I could register why I was hurting so bad, I felt another kick to my ribs. This time I couldn't control the pain. It hurt so bad, tears formed in my eyes and I couldn't catch my breath.

Rolling on to my stomach, I try to breath through the wheezing and coughing. After a few seconds, I hear someone yell at me to get up. "Yeah, if only it was that easy!" I think to myself. With my eyes still closed, I pull myself up to my hands and knees. Breathing heavy through the process. That small movement seemed like the hardest accomplishment.

Next thing I know, something hard removes my hands, which are keeping me steady, and I am once again flat on my stomach. Reacting too late, my face slams against the concrete floor with a sickening crunch. Fuck! There goes my nose. I guess it should hurt too, since I'm not in enough pain already. "Get the fuck up bitch!" The man yells again.

Groaning, I pull myself up to all fours again, but I flip myself over onto my ass so I'm in a sitting position. Leaning over with my head in my hands, I try to regain control over my spinning head. Felling the urge to throw up, I do. All over my own lap. Great, just great.

Licking my dry lips, I spit out what I could. Even though that just happened, my mouth is still extremely dry. In the back ground, over the throbbing in my head, I hear the guy yell at me to hurry. Huffing in annoyance, I let my head hang down a little further, causing my greasy, nappy hair to fall over my face. This gives me a chance to peek out at the man, since the sunlight is no longer in my face. The first thing I see is two different pair of shoes.

Not really caring about that, I close my eyes again. Wait.. those shoes. The white ones. They look familiar. I bought those shoes! Snapping my head back up, I don't have time to groan or even register the pain. Instead I find myself looking into a pair of the most gorgeous, sorrowful green eyes.

"Nate?"

----------------
Fan, vote comment!
.Jessi

Updated & edited 6/11/2018