Chapter 24

Warning: there are graphic parts in this chapter.

-----------------

Chapter 24:

I have been sitting here, for what feels like an eternity, as Royal goes on and on about everything. How he is Nate's father, that this was all set up long ago, how his disappointment of a son didn't fuck up entirely.. yadda yadda yadda. Not once did I speak through his whole rant but I have paid attention to every word that has come out of this scumbag's mouth.

I did learn one very interesting thing though. The drug factor was all just coincidence. Nate was originally forced into our lives to completely ruin them. The fact that we are also in a drug war, well that wasn't on purpose. It didn't bother Royal at first, or so he says, until we became a bigger competition. Started taking his buyers and suppliers. If you ask me, that's his own damn fault though. If he was a better "drug lord", we would never have been able to steal business from him. We are just better.

Apparently one of our families killed Nate's mother and that is why Nate was sent to infiltrate our business. My fucking bad. I didn't do it. Royal said when he and his men killed my parents, we were supposed to go down with them. Kendra, Ian, and I. Nate was then told we were still alive and that he needed to take care of us. Hurt us, break us, and then kill us. Too bad he doesn't have the heart for that.

Fortunately for me, I know Nate better then his own fucking dad. Nate has never been one to kill. He hates doing it. He's good at it, I'll give him that, but he hates it. Plus, I like to believe he loved me and the rest of the family. At one point at least, but as I'm sitting here, that belief is slowly diminishing. The fact that he is sitting across from me on the same leather couch his father is, he looks heartless.

"You have any questions for me?" Royal asks, bringing me out of my thoughts. I look up at him and meet his glare. "Yeah, actually I do. Our parents killed your mate, you killed our parents. Why come after us now? We didn't even know of your involvement in their deaths. I think you have hurt us enough. You left children without their parents, torn our families apart, and what is left of it, you have gone and destroyed that as well."

"It isn't enough. I want you all dead and that's final." Royal replies. Getting up, he starts to leave the room. Before he makes it out the door, he turns back to me and says, "Enjoy the last few hours of life. Tomorrow you will be dead and your little friends will be joining you shortly." Scoffing, I give him a smart ass response about him being the dead one.

He obviously didn't like what I said because he let out a threatening growl and then went ahead and told James that he and whoever can do whatever they want to me, and to make sure my death is slow, painful and recorded. Like I am going to be that easy. Ha!

Hours have gone by and all I am thinking about right now is how suspension fucking sucks. No wonder I was never down to try this in the bedroom. It isn't all that great. It's painful, that's for sure.

I am hanging four and a half feet from the ground, with my wrists and ankles chained separately. There is a thick chain connecting my bound ankles and wrists behind my back. That is connected to a rope that is tied to the ceiling which has me hanging in the air, stomach facing the floor. Also, this isn't like one of those erotic porno's where it is hot and sexy with minor pain. There isn't leather straps around my wrists and ankles to keep the metal chains from digging into my skin.

Below my hanging body, there is a decent sized pool of blood. It has been collecting on the floor since I was brought down to my very own room for torture. I have been whipped, sliced open and beaten since I have been down here.

I have already been the entertainment for James twice and three of his other guys, which only took one round turns on me. I have stayed completely calm and silent through all of it though. Not wanting to give the guys any pleasure by my embarrassment. All I'm doing is waiting for this part to end and the next to begin, as I am remembering everyone who has, in any way, touched me. They will be the first to die if I get out of here.