| 24 |

Chapter Twenty Four: You're Gone

You Tore Out My Heart - Tiny Little House

Millie's P.O.V

I watched several people pushing my bleeding father inside the hospital. He was laying in a hospital bed. I ran as fast as I could to reach my father. I heard Finn calling my name but I ignored him. They quickly push my father inside A lady suddenly stood in front of my stopping my tracks. 

"Honey, I'm sorry but you can't come in," She says as she holds tightly on my arms.

"Bu-but he's my father, I-I need to see him," I said as I try pushing away from her grip. I used all my strength to push the lady off me and ran into the long hallway. I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapped around me making me stop in my tracks. My body felt weak, my mind was all over the place. Tears were running down my cheek as I watched my father being pushed into the long hospital hallway. I felt Finn leaning his head against mine as he held me close. 

"Millie, it's gonna be okay," He whispers closely into my ear giving me comfort. I shiver at the feeling of his lips brushing against the shell of my ear. I dropped to the ground with Finn's arms still wrapped around me. He was kneeling down next to me as I sat on the ground weak and broken. I leaned my head against his chest letting my tears run out of my eyes. I look up at Finn seeing a worried expression.

"He can't die yet, I don't want him to leave," I cried. Finn placed both his hands on my cheeks bringing me closer to him. 

"He's gonna be fine, I know he is," He whispers softly and placed his soft lips against my forehead. My breath hitched as he pulled away from me missing the kiss. 

"Come on, let's go sit down," He says as he slowly pulls me up from the ground. He wraps his arm around me as he guides me to am an empty seat in the waiting room. I look around seeing only a couple of people waiting. Some were looking at me with sympathy, probably watching what just happened, and others were ignoring everything. Finn gets up from his seat making me feel anxious. 

"Where are you going?" I ask as I grab his hand. He turns back to me.

"I was just gonna get some tissues and coffee for you," He says as he points at the coffee machine and the box of tissues. 

"No, stay, don't go," I said as I softly tug on his hand. He stares at me for a couple of seconds and sighs with defeat and takes a seat next to me. He wraps one arm around me as I wrap my arms around his waist tightly leaning my head against his chest. I slowly shut my eyes as I listened to his heartbeat slowing down every second until it was a steady beat. 

"Thanks for coming to the hospital with me."

"Anything for you Millie," I smiled with my head still against his chest. We were both silents for a minute until I broke it. 

"I'm sorry Finn for breaking your heart, and if you're happy with Maddie then stay with her," I said as I stare at him trying to not shed a tear. 

"Listen, Millie, I would never cheat on you, you are my one and only. Things were just misunderstood when you reached my house." My eyes lids started to feel heavy as I leaned against Finn.

"I'm sorry Finn," I whispered.

"I'm sorry to Millie," He whispers back. I felt his lips press against my head and fell fast asleep.

<<>>

Finn's P.O.V

"Millie!" I called out. I gave her a ride to the hospital. Once we reached the hospital Millie ran out of the car and followed the group of people that was pushed her father inside the hospital that was lying on a hospital bed. 

"Millie!" I called out again. She was running so fast that I could catch up with her. I spotted a lady stopping her helping me catch up to her. 

"B-but he's my father, I-I need to see him." She yells.

She suddenly pushes the lady off her and ran inside the hallway. I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist making her stop from running. Her heart was beating fast. Sweat was spread all over her, her hair was all over the place, but she was to distracted to even care. 

She was trying to get out of my grip until she gave up. Her body felt heavier causing her body to slowly drop to the ground. I kept my arms around her, not letting her go. So I slowly dropped to the ground with her. Tears were running down her cheeks. I leaned my head against hers as she leaned against my chest.

"Millie, it's gonna be okay," I whisper against her ear. She leans in closer as I pull her closer. I feel her pulling away from me and looking up. 

"He can't die yet, I don't want him to leave," She says with pleading eyes as she stares at me. I placed both my hands on her cheeks bringing her closer to me.

"He's gonna be fine, I know he is," I said softly and placed my lips against her forehead. Her breath hitched as I pulled away.

"Come on, let's go sit down," I said as I pulled up from the ground. I wrapped my arm around her guiding her to a waiting room. There were several empty seats with only six or seven taken. I guide her a seat with the least amount of people around. 

She slowly takes a seat. I spot a box of tissues and a coffee machine next to it, she might need it right now. As I start to head to the coffee machine, I suddenly Millie's hand holding onto mine. 

"Where are you going?" She asked with worried eyes.

"I was just gonna get some tissues and coffee for you," I said as I pointed to the coffee machine. 

"No, stay, don't go," She said as she softly pulled my hand. I turn back to her and sigh with defeat and take a seat next to her. I place my arm around her pulling her closer to me as she leans her head against my chest. 

"Thanks for coming to the hospital with me,"

"Anything for you Millie," We both stayed quiet for a minute. 

"I'm sorry for breaking your heart, and if you're happy with Maddie then stay with her," She said as she stared at me.

"Listen, Millie, I would never cheat on you, you are my one and only. Things were just misunderstood when you reached my house." Millie seemed to doze off as I was speaking her. She leaned back against me.

"I'm sorry Finn," She whispered.

"I'm sorry to Millie," I whisper back.

As she fell asleep I placed my lips against her head. I slowly pulled out my jacket and wrapped it around her body. I pulled out my phone and started calling Caleb.

"What's up, man?" Caleb says. It sounded like he just woke up. I checked the time realizing it was one am.

"Come to the hospital, and bring Sadie and Noah, and the group." There was really only one hospital in town so it won't be too hard for him to find which hospital.

"What why?"

"Just come, I'll explain later!" I said back and quickly hung up.

<<>>

(A/N): OH MY JESUS!! This chapter was really intense. I will be post ONCE A WEEK either FRIDAY, SATURDAY or SUNDAY, depending on my schedule.

Umm this chapter was... TRASHHHHHHH a fucking hospital scene was never necessary AND a funeral, that's just extra useless space.

- Abby