| 9 |

Chapter Nine: One Emotional Wreck

Elise - The Greeting Committee

Millie's P.O.V

The bright cloudy skies were now turned into light purple brushed clouds. I was still in Finn's house covered in piles of blankets. My legs were crisscrossed on the ground watching the sunset in Finn's room. 

His record player was softly playing the song "i was all over her" by salvia palth. I hear the door of his bedroom creak open. I turn around and see Finn walking in with two cups in his hand. He takes a seat next to me on the floor and hands me the cup in his hand while positioning how I'm seated. 

"Thanks," I said softly, he nods in response and stays in silence as the song plays. I bring the cup closer to my face feeling the warm heat hit my face. The sent of chocolate tickles my nose.

"Hot chocolate?" I ask Finn.

"Yup," he says softly and stays quiet again. The view of the sun was slowly fading away as Finn and I sit in silence. I take a small sip of my drink feeling the warm chocolate slip inside me. I glance at Finn seeing him tap his fingers against his cup of hot chocolate feeling the beat of the music. I looked back at the view outside seeing the sun casting a silhouette on the trees in the woods. 

"I'm sorry," Finn says softly as he stares at his drink in his hand. I turn to him with my eyebrows tighten.

"For what?" I ask. He looks away from his drink turning to me.

"For treating you like shit," He says a bit more aggressively.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a confused expression.

"I was so rude to you today, I said you smelled like shit, I cut you off almost everytime you said something, I-"

"Finn! it's okay," I said cutting him off while softly placing my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me with worrisome and confusion. 

"You made people stop calling me a slut, you took me to your house so you could take care of me, you let me borrow clothes from you, you let me shower in your own house...No one has ever done that for me, ever," I said softly.

I scoot closer to him while going on my knees letting the blanket that was wrapped around me fall off my shoulders. I wrap my arms around his neck as he wraps his arms around my waist. I feel his arms pull me closer to him feeling his body press against mine. I bring his head against my chest as he tightens our hug. 

I hear him give a breath of relief feeling his stiff body no longer being stiff. As I let go of him I feel the curls of his hair brush against my cheek. I sit back at the same position as I was with Finn doing the same. Finn grabs that blanket that was on the floor wrapping it around me. We both look back at the sunset taking another sip of our drinks.

"I've been really confused lately, maybe that's why I've been acting like shit to you," Finn says as he tightens his grip on his cup.

"Iris has been giving me mixed emotions, like when she first sees me in the morning she's extremely excited and happy to see me and then a couple of hours later she forgets that I actually exist, I don't know, it might just be me." He says as he takes another sip of his drink. I stare at the sunset while listening to Finn.

"But until I met you, Millie, you seemed to flip my world upside down. You took all my negativity away just for being right next to me." This time I look away from the sunset and look straight at Finn. I look at him a bit shocked at hearing him confess his feelings. I never thought he'd ever confessed anything since we're only known each other for like a month or so.