| 8 |

Chapter Eight: Why Are We Here?

Forever - Little Monarch

Millie's P.O.V

The sound of an engine ran stopping the silence between me and Finn. My drenched self-sat on the front seat of Finn's car causing the seat of his car to be soaked. His car radio was playing softly as if the music was background music.

 My elbow was against the car window as I rub my aching forehead. I turn to Finn seeing his eyebrows tide together concentrating on the road in front of him. His jaw tightens with anger. The knuckles of his hand turn white as he tightens his grip on the steering wheel.

Finn and I haven't said a word in the past five minutes. My head was still aching but I ignored it. The AC of his car was blasting making me shiver in my wet clothes. My school was still going on which means I'm ditching, something that I've never done before. I notice his eyes glancing at me but I only stared at the open road.

"Did Iris do that to your eye?" He asks while concentrating on the road.

"No," I said with my arms wrapped around myself. Finn glances at me again notice me shivering and quickly turns off the AC. I give a breath of relief feeling the warm air hit my skin.

"Then who did?" Finn asks with his knuckles turning even more white as he grips the steering wheel even tighter. I stayed silent. I can't tell him that my dad did this. In fact, I'm not ready to tell anyone.

"Fine, you don't have to tell me today or tomorrow, but eventually you're going to have to tell me who did that to you. Is that a deal?" He asks with an eyebrow raised.

"Deal," I said softly and stayed quiet again. The silence rang until we stopped in front of an unusually large mansion.

"What are we doing here?" I ask looking back at Finn.

"Come on," He says as he walks out of his car pulling and swinging his backpack around his shoulder. I follow his lead as he walks up to the driveway of his house.

"What the hell are you doing?" I yelled as I watched him enter the large front yard of the mansion. Finn stops in his tracks and turns around to face me.

"We can't just walk into some stranger house!" I said with my arms on my hips.

"Mills, I own this house," He says as if it wasn't obvious enough. I felt stupidity run through me.

"Oh," I said while dropping my hands connecting the dots.

"Come on," he says as he tugs me to the front door entrance. His mansion towered over me as if it was attempting to intimidate me. Finn pulled keys out of his front pocket opening his ten-foot-tall doors. 

I walk into his mansion and began staring up at the high ceiling. a table was placed in the center, two flights of spiral staircases going up to the second floor, the floor is ceramic tile. It was a beautiful place, a place that Millie would never be able to afford to go to. There were overly expensive plantings and objects all around the house. Large glass windows were placed in every corner as if they were walls. The entire place looked modern to the eye.

He guided me to the living room that was next to the kitchen. He drops his backpack on the ground near the sofa of the living room. I awkwardly stood in front of the large sofa as Finn shuffles through the kitchen. He glanced at me noticing me standing still

"You can sit down." He said as if it wasn't obvious enough. I quickly take a seat on the sofa as he goes back to whatever he's looking for.

Finn finally stops shuffling through the kitchen and walks back to me with a first aid kit in his hands. He takes a seat on the counter table that was in front of the couch and opens up the first aid kit on his lap. He hands me a glass of water and a pill in my hand.