| 18 |

Chapter Eighteen: A Really Important Question

Uncomfortable - Wallows

Maddie's P.O.V

Running footsteps suddenly catch my ears. I look up seeing Millie and Gaten running toward the crowd of students. I quickly follow them but only a couple of inches behind. I look inside the crowd suddenly spotting Finn, Finn with blood all over his face. My heart stops seeing a guy with his fist in the air aiming at Finn that was struggling to get up from the ground. I need to do something, I need to do something fast.

"STOP!" Millie beat me. She stood in front of the guy stopping him from punching Finn. Finn's face was filled with worrisome. 

"Millie, what are you doing?" He asks as he grabs her wrist.

"Not letting you get hurt," Millie said giving the guy in front of her a death glare. The guy stood up finally letting go of Finn's collar. I give a breath of relief finally seeing Finn no longer getting hurt. Millie quickly turns around facing Finn placing both of her hands on his cheeks.

"Are you alright? Did you get hurt anywhere else? Do you need me to take you to the nurse?" She asks making me give her an eye roll. Finn places a hand on her cheek making my heart stop again. 

"Millie, I'm fine." He said softly to her leaning close to her giving her a gentle kiss. Tears start to roll down my cheeks as I see Finn smile back at Millie. Pain started to build inside my chest seeing something that I can't have. 

Why can't Finn love me? 

Why can't I be the one healing his wounds? 

Why can't I be the one that he wants to kiss? 

I couldn't bear the pain of my heart shattering anymore. So I ran out of the crowd and entered the nearest restroom. No one seemed to be inside except me but that didn't bother me. I head toward the sink leaning my hands against the sink staring at my messy self in the mirror. My eyes were red from all the tears that I spilled. My makeup was a mess. Mascara was running down my cheeks. 

"This is all because of Millie fucking Bobbie Brown. Why don't you love me Finn Wolfhard?"

<<>>

Millie's P.O.V

It's already been a day since the fight happened and people seemed to be very curious about me and Finn's relationship. A couple of girls walked up to me asking if I slept with him. I really didn't want to answer that question. It was a good thing I had my earbuds on that day. Once they asked me that question I walked away as if I heard nothing. I know it's rude but it's better than being known as Millie the whore.

I'm currently stuck in Mr. Blakes class right now. He's been bombarding the whole class with complicated equations that I had no interest in solving. I felt something vibrate on my seat. I pull out my phone that was in my back pocket and hid it under my desk checking my notifications. It was Finn.

Finn: 'Meet me after school at my place'

I look up from my desk checking if Mr. Blakes was paying any attention to me. He was too busy writing on the board. I look back down at my phone and texted back.

Me: 'Can't, have work later,'

Finn: 'please,'

I stare at my phone for a minute.

Finn: :(

My cheeks warm up from the fact that Finn misses me. I roll my eyes at Finn's desperate act.