| 14 |

Chapter Fourteen: A Party? Part I

Miss Yer Kiss - SWMRS

Millie's P.O.V

The sleeves of my flannel covered up my hands making me feel warmer from sitting right under the air vent. Ms. Marges really had to place me in this stupid seat. As she reads more pages on our history textbook my eyes lids start to feel heavy. The sound of the school instantly woke me up. I grab my backpack and run out of the classroom. Several students were roaming around the hallways to head to the cafeteria. I found the table that Sadie and Noah usually sit at but no one was there.

"Hey Millie," I turn around seeing Noah and Sadie heading toward me. Noah had an excited expression on his face. Sadie probably told him what happened between me and Finn. "Tell me everything, Millie!" Noah says.

"I'll tell you later," I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"Mills!" I turn around seeing Finn and his friends sitting at one of the cafeteria tables. He waves his hand wanting me to come.

"You guys wanna come?" I ask as I turn around seeing no one behind me. I turn back to seeing Sadie talking to Caleb while Noah was heading toward Grace. I rolled my eyes ahead toward Finn. Finn pats the seat that was next to him. I drop my backpack on the ground and took a seat next to him.

"Hey Mills," Finn says as he rests his arm on my chair. 

"Hello Finn," I said as a crisscross my legs on my chair. "I'd like you to meet my friends," Finn says. I look around the table.

"I'm Grace," A short blond says with her hand out for me to shake. I took her hand a shook it politely.

"I'm Gaten," Says a curly haired boy while giving me a friendly wave with his hands wrapped around Graces. 

"And you've already met Maddie and Caleb," I nod with agreement. I glance Maddie worried that she's glaring at me again, in fact, she is.

"Are sure Maddie is fine with me being here?" I ask leaning close to Finn with a softer tone. Finn glances at Maddie seeing her with a wide smile on her lips and looks back at me. 

"She seems fine with it," Finn says while shrugging his shoulders as he leans in his chair.

"I wanna show you a song that I found," He says as he hands my one of his earbuds.

"Do you know Rex Orange County?" Finn asks as he scrolls through his phone searching for the song. 

"I love Rex Orange County, my favorite song from him his Best Friend," I said excitedly sitting up.

"Well he recently released a new song and I think your gonna love it." He says as he presses play. The sound of a piano and drums played together making an amazing sound. The voice of Rex came to our ears making us both Finn and I to nod at the beat. 

"Do you like it?" Finn asks excitedly.

"I love it, what's it called?" I asked.

"Loving Is Easy by Rex Orange County." I quickly pull out my phone adding the song to my phone. 

"Hey guys," Caleb says grabbing everyone's attention.

"I'm gonna have a party tonight, are you guys in?" Caleb asks.

"Definitely," Sadie says excitedly.

"Sure," Gaten and Grace say in unison. Noah nods with approval while Maddie takes a sip of her coke. 

"I'll only go if Finn is going," Maddie says as she takes another sip of her coke as she stares at Finn for an answer. Finn raises an eyebrow seeing everyone stare at him waiting for an answer.