| 13 |

Chapter Thirteen: A Day Back to Hell

Talk a Lot - SALES

Millie's P.O.V

The sound of my keys echoed through my empty neighborhood. I walked into my house finding my father knocked out on the couch again. I ignored his presence and quietly walked up to my room. Once I shut my door the thought of Finn came back to me making my cheeks warm up. 

A smile spreads across my face thinking about my first kiss. As I jump on my bed I check my phone for the very first time today. Several miss calls and messages came from Sadie and Noah. Oh Shit, should I call them? I'll call Sadie. I dial Sadies number on my phone waiting for her to answer.

"Millie?" Sadie answers with a worried tone.

"Hi, Sadie," I said softly.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Sadie yells causing me to pull my phone away from my ears.

"I was with Finn," I said calmly.

"Did he do anything to you? Where did you go? Where did he take you? Are you okay?" She asks bombarding me with several questions.

"Sadie, I'm fine, Finn didn't do anything bad to me," I said shutting her up. I hear her give a breath of relief on the phone.

"Noah and I have been worried sick," Sadie explains.

"I'm sorry Sadie, I was just busy all day today that I didn't have a chance to check my phone," I explained trying to calm her down.

"Doing what?" She asks angrily.

"I'll tell you tomorrow," She gives a stressful sigh through the phone and stayed silent for a minute.

"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Okay, bye," I said as I hang up. I exhale a soft sigh feeling guilty.

<<>>

Millie's P.O.V

The sound of my alarm clock echoed through my room making me quickly sit up on my bed. I hit my alarm clock making it shut up. I rub my eyes making my sleepiness fade away. The thought of Finn quickly went back to me making my cheeks heat up again. I jump off my bed and head to my bathroom. I suddenly hear an engine turn on at the front of my house. I went back to my room taking a peek at my window. It was my dad driving out of the driveway roughly, probably going to another bar in town. 

I went back to my bathroom and got ready for school today. I grabbed a pair of high waisted jeans with a dark orange crop top. The weather outside seemed pretty warm outside so I grabbed a dark green oversized flannel with my worn out converse as usual. I really need new shoes. I grabbed my backpack and my phone and ran out of my house forgetting all about breakfast. I pulled out my earbuds and plugged them in. Arms were suddenly wrapped around me making send a screeching scream.

"Millie, it's me," I look up seeing Sadie's blue eyes looking at mine. I give a breath of relief. 

"Ugh, Sadie I thought you were some sex predator,"

"Let's go don't wanna be late for school," Sadie says grabbing my sleeve leading to her car.

"So what did you do with Finn Wolfhard?" Sadie asks with an eyebrow raised. The sound of her engine ran as drove away from my house. 

"Not much," I said calmly.

"Not much?" Sadie questions.

"You had the whole day with Finn Wolfhard, tell me what did you did," I roll my eyes and give a small sigh.