41. The Skeletons of Not So Long Ago...

Start from the beginning

Maybe, you should've.

....

'I never asked for her to be my Mate just so you know and the Moon Goddess above knows, I never wanted her from when I first laid eyes on her and I never will, for she's a pain in my ass and a waste of space. That's all'.

Even in the dept of my mind, his traitorously bitter words were on a constant rerun. Sleep never came nor did my eyes close, laying coldly, still in my grimy attire from the Game's on the floor of my bedroom in the exact position of the night before when lounging in the presence of the Moon Goddess, lost on my the train of thought somewhere in my head.

Frankly, I dont remember when my eyes caught the coldness of floor alluring me to indulge. Or when I decided to stretch out my stiff calves and salty palms, laying lifelessly sprawled on the ground as Leila had done. The memory of her seeming to be unforgettable.

It was when some gentle tapping, about three continuous rapid knocks when my train swerved and crashed into a heap ton of crap. Blinking the effect off, I rub my eyes to sooth the dryness with the flats of my fingertips.

"Luna Nora," Carter's deep sensational voice crooned. "Beta K-"

"YOU HAVE EXACTLY 10 SECONDS TO HAUL YOUR ASS AWAY BEFORE I WRENCH OFF YOUR FUCKING PENIS OFF AND STAPLE IT TO YOUR FOREHEAD," June roared abruptly. No doubt she was undergoing my pain with me, so I left her as she was in her state; agitated as any elderly woman, obnoxious as any teen defied by their parent but internally devastated, like she had sold the dearest part of her soul to the devil knowing she'd she never get back.

The other side of the door went awfully cold. There was a brief muffle of footsteps, scurrying off in the opposite direction away from the room and I knew for a fact he was gone, never to come back after my forewarning.

Not quite the dumbass we'd mistaken him for, I scoff. June had disappeared into oblivion. Resting my eyes for a second, I hear the doorknob rattle for a split second. There was no knock as the door was sprung open.

"You know the door was unlatched since 6 in the morning," Kaden rested himself by the threshold crossing his arms, looking at the doorknob. Though he wore cleaner clothes and his hair was tousled, I knew by now looks could be deceived. He hadn't slept a minute, dark circles inked under his lids confirmed it. He appeared just as unrested and distressed.

"I heard, but I couldn't care any less," I said impassively, hauling myself up. He trudged in, transferring the weightiness in his walk.

"Heard about your pleasant encounter with Carter moments ago," His lips twitched. "He appeared rather troubled, just thought you'd know. I couldn't have possibly wondered why."

"Wouldn't call it pleasant, nor ugly," I leaned on a hand forward with my calves crossed behind, appearing as composed as I could muster without collapsing. "I didnt leave a breathe open for interrogation and I dont intend to either."

My eyes darted to meet his. He shook his head amusingly, outstretching a hand and heaving me up. "Im glad you're finally learning on how to behave here. About time I'd say but again. 'Its never to late than sorry,'" He winked, motioning for me to take a seat on the bed. Up close, not just his clothing but his mouth also reeked of alcohol and cigars. Flirty remarks aside, his face hardened. "Dont give him the impression you wouldn't threaten his family heir creators if you had the choice, or else, he wont spare the chance to crawl under your skin again."