Chapter fifteen

This story has been rewritten as of 2020. Please be mindful comments may not go with whatever is being said in the story, so do not be confused. Enjoy :)

...

The first half of this chapter didn't exist in the original, however the second half is a rewrite with some new features hidden within. 

...

No. Zane watched from inside his own mind as he was forced to turn around, the two other ghosts floating past him, weapons at the ready. He didn't want to fight

Would struggling work? Lloyd was nowhere near him to be caught up in the fray that he might cause - or to be used against him. Zane hadn't been strong enough to take over Morro for long, only able to momentarily make him stop so his friends didn't die, but this was different. This hold on him was weaker, in a sense. Unsure, maybe. Soul Archer hadn't ever taken someone over before, he knew that. So maybe he could? 

"Could you stop your constant chatter?" Came a voice through the darkness, making the nindroid shiver. "It's boring me." 

"You.." He felt sort of silly talking to no one, but he supposed if he could hear him mentally whining, he could surely hear him talking as well. "You can hear me? But I'm not physically talking."

The ghost tutted. "You know, neither am I right now, yet you can hear me. It's how possessions work. Didn't Morro ever talk when he possessed you? Geez." Zane's body began to run, the ghost using his newfound confidence over his ice power to create a shortcut to slide down the mountain. It felt terrifying not being in control over these dangerous passages. He supposed the ghost had no fear - he would not perish in the fall, and could easily find a new body. Or worse - he shivered again, curling up tighter in a ball - what if he continued to use his dead body? Would his friends still think he was alive? 

Another thing noted - he could feel nausea. Though, he was sure he had felt that on more than just this occasion. 

His hand raised up, reaching for that bow he kept stashed on his back, plucking it out of it's hold. "I've been dying to use this all day." Soul Archer said simply, smirking. "And well, now seems like a good time for a little warm up."

Zane couldn't watch as he fired his first shot, but his systems, from being up and online for the both of them to see, notified him of his miss - and a large one at that. His friends probably hadn't even seen the arrow. "I thought you were supposed to be good at archery?" 

"Shut it, you tin-can." The ghost snarled. "It's been a while since I've had hands that don't phase through everything! Give me a break!" 

"Am I hitting a soft spot?" Though Zane wasn't the one to poke and prod at someone's insecurities or attempt on purpose to make them angry, he couldn't help but do so to his captor. "Sorry. It's... a nice bow, I suppose..?" 

The bow was a sturdy black compound bow, that appeared to be retractable to create a hard, blunt force trauma club. It reminded Zane of a set of movies his friends had forced him to watch after he had been rescued from Chen's island. It was something he had missed since he had 'died', and they ended up being very enjoyable to watch. He believed the character who wielded a similar construction of the weapon was named Clint Barton. It had been quite some time ago now, so he wasn't sure if he was correct - his memory had been faulty ever since he was injured.

By the time he had drug himself out of memory lane, he realized the ghost was on a rooftop, slotting an arrow into the arrow-rest. Below them, his friends were panting - it appeared as if they had already gone through hell and back. Zane hated having to make them worried again. 

"So, kai." Jay huffed, the only one with a robotic mech, one Zane himself remembered helping to design. "How much further?" 

The Fire ninja was slouched on the left shoulder of the giant machine, holding his stomach like he'd been punched. He was probably winded. "Maybe - maybe about twenty minutes more? I dunno, I'm not Zane!" 

The nindroid felt his mouth prick up in a smile - not his 'mental' mouth however, his actual one. "Look, they're talking about you." Soul Archer had reverted back to his usual evil state, no longer wishing to conduct a small conversation with his hostage. "Why not say hi?" 

He released the arrow. It whizzed through the air, heading right for Kai's face. Zane's eyes widened in panic, pleading for him to dodge - to do anything. Right at the last second, Jay raised the mech's arm up, and the arrow bounced off, falling to the floor softly. "Holy shit!" Kai swore, jumping off of the machine and surveying the surroundings. "Where did that come from?"

"Well that's a shame." Soul Archer groaned. "I could've actually killed one there." 

Zane watched as the two other ghosts, whom had been hiding among the snow, jumped out, scaring the living daylights out of his friends. The archer released another arrow, only to be thrown away by the wind, which was picking up again. "Where's the archer?" Cole cried out, dodging an attack by the female ghost, who screamed in frustration, making them all wince against the tone. Zane felt horrible.  

"He's up- Guys wait!" Kai had seen him - their eyes met briefly, before the fire ninja had to move out the way of an oncoming arrow. "He's there - it's Zane!" 

The three of them looked up at him, and the archer stood. "God, it's like you're a celebrity or something, robot." Jolting his arm, the bow turned into a club and he stared eagerly down at the three ninjas. "I'll be sure to end them quickly, don't you worry." 

Zane couldn't think of anything to say to that. Was there anything he could say? 

"Please... don't..." He whispered pathetically. "Don't hurt them..."