Chapter nine

This story has been rewritten as of 2020. Please be mindful comments may not go with whatever is being said in the story, so do not be confused. Enjoy :)

...

"Okay, okay." Kai ruffled a hand through his hair and standing up as Cole ended the call, groaning in frustration. "Dark and damp. A cave, maybe?" 

The earth elemental looked up at him and glared into his eyes like he was the dumbest person alive. "Obviously." He got up himself, walking around to stretch his limbs out from sleeping weirdly. "But where more importantly." 

Jay was silent throughout this, staring at the ground, tapping his fingers against the floor, thinking hard enough that it was visible through the expression in his face. "He talked about the smell - seawater." The lightning ninja mumbled under his breath, brain working overtime to try and solve the puzzle. "Where has seawater? hmm." 

He could faintly hear his friends chattering about places and locations with damp caves, which seemingly never ended until he heard a familiar name brought up. "That's it!" He cried, shooting his head up to look at Cole, who stared awkwardly at him, confused. "Stiixs!"

"Sticks?" Kai asked, tilting his head and raising a brow. "As in forest sticks? For the fire?" 

Jay let out a relieved laugh as his brain caught up on his revelation. "No, the city of Stiixs - it smells like seawater and it's home to many caves on it's outskirts!"

Suddenly, he was swooped up into a bear hug by his leader, who swung him around, the lightning ninja not afraid to let out a chuckle at the teenagers antics. "You're genius, Jay!" 

"I am the resident genius." He said simply as he was placed down. The earth-ninja put his hands on his shoulders. "Right?" 

"You are I both know that's wrong. You can't beat a nindroid intellectually. But good job nonetheless!" 

The ginger-brown haired boy huffed out, annoyed as Cole let his hands fall from his shoulders. "I will one day, just you watch." A promise like that just made him sound stupider, but no one was stopping his choice of words. "Just you watch."

"Sure." Kai deadpanned, but he couldn't keep the smile from gracing his lips as he ruffled the teenagers hair in a brotherly fashion. "Now, let's go back to sleep, I'm dying over here." 

...