Chapter fourteen

This story has been rewritten as of 2020. Please be mindful comments may not go with whatever is being said in the story, so do not be confused. Enjoy :)

...

"Holy shit on a stick." Jay shivered violently as they drew near to the mountains, body already feeling the cold just by looking at it. "There is no way in a million years you will ever get me to climb up that mountain: Look at it!"

Nya giggled, resting her hand on the blue ninja's shoulder. "Look, it'll be warm once you get through the blind mans eye: Right, Sensei?" 

They all turned to look at their master, who nodded. "The cloud kingdom is much warmer than the wailing alps. You shall be fine, Jay." The white-haired man walked over to the controls of the ship, halting their tracks slowly. They all raised their eyebrows in unison, confused at his antics. 

"What.. are you doing, Sensei?" Kai asked, jumping up from where he sat on one of the counters, feet hitting the floor with a thud. "We aren't near the top yet." 

"The winds surrounding these mountains are strong and unforgiving. If we got too close with the ship, we would definitely loose control." Wu sighed. "You must begin ascending from here using the mechs." 

They all groaned in frustration - minus Nya, whom only looked entertained. "I'm going to be so cold!" The lightning ninja whined like a little baby, but nonetheless began walking to the drop-off section, where they stored their mechs. "You are cruel people." 

"We only just got the bounty back in working order." Cole said, smacking him upside the head in a brotherly fashion. "I don't think Nya and Sensei wish to work even more on fixing it thanks to you, dunce-brain." 

Climbing into their assorted coloured mechs, Kai couldn't help but notice the way the leader looked at the two empty ones. He tried to smile encouragingly. "We'll get them back, Ani." He didn't know how many times they were going to try and say this to each other, but saying it with a strong face was getting more and more difficult. 

"I know we will - I just hope it isn't too far from now." 

"The struggle takes the longest time, my student." Wu chirped up softly from where he was stood, holding a safely bar tightly as the doors below them opened, the cold wind rushing into the room, making the old man almost loose his hat. "But the reward is far greater that way. Now go!" 

...

Morro snorted as he climbed up towards the first post among the mountains - the hanging temple. The wind was calmish, for now, and Morro intended for it to stay that way, however the excessive cold was slowly beginning to make him crack. Curse mortals and their fragile bodies. 

Looking over his shoulder, he watched as Soul Archer followed him in the robots body. "If only we had caught the fire one - perhaps he could have made it much warmer!" The leader growled out, expecting his follower to agree with him immediately, except he didn't. 

"I can't feel it in this body - since I am possessing a robot and all." He slowed down to think about it, but Morro used his solid hand to grab ahold of him, dragging him ahead so he walked faster. "Well maybe it's because he is the master of ice? Who knows anymore." 

Wanting to try anything to get his thoughts off of the overwhelming cold, Morro began to talk. "Do you think the ninja are following us?"

"Probably sir. From what I've read about, they are always on their foes heels. It is quite fascinating how they manage to do it so quickly." Soul Archer adjusted the bow slumped over his shoulder awkwardly, shaking the quill holder on his side to make sure it was fully locked on. "This new equipment is a change for the worse, I believe. I miss my old archers set." 

Morro narrowed his eyes in both annoyance at the complaints and at the harsh wind that was beginning to pick up the further they went. "You couldn't have used your old weapon anyway - it would phase right through that robot's grasp." 

Another blast of cool air hit them square in the face, and Morro screamed in frustration. "I command you, you stupid wind - bow down to me!

It ceased as quickly as it had come, and Soul Arched huffed in amazement. Being the elemental master of wind's sidekick had its quirks it seemed. Not like he never knew that though. Through the silence, Zane's sensors picked up several voices talking in the distance, barely a whisper, meaning they were still quite far down. His mind calculated what little words he had heard to determine who they were. Zane actually hated being a robot - it was an automated response for when he was on high alert like this, meaning a warning popped up on his screen. Soul Archer could see his workings out too. "The ninja are here." The ghost said, smirking: It felt unnatural to the robot. "Shall I dispose of them?"

"You will need backup." The leaders chest began to glow as he summoned the same ghosts as before - Bansha and Goultar nodded at them both, already knowing why they were needed. "Now go. Kill them."