The First Step Part 1

(Y/N) POV

I wake up at 4 in the morning to use the showers. Having hair like this might seem cool to you, but I have to use a full bottle of shampoo every time I have to take a shower. So, I finish taking a shower, dry myself off, brush my teeth and put my clothes back on. I go back inside the room and hear a loud ginger haired girl yelling.

Ginger: Wake up, lazy butt!

A guy with black hair and pink stripe gets up with a groan as the ginger hounds him.

Nora: It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!

I sigh as I go towards the lockers to grab Masamune. By the time I finish finding it, the ginger and black haired guy are there. The guy grabs what seem to be pistols with a knive at the end.

Ginger: I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal! A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?

Black: Nora?

Nora: Yes, Ren?

Ren seathes his pistols in his sleeves.

Ren: I don't think sloths make a lot of noise.

Nora: That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!

Ren: Come on Nora, let's go.

Nora: Not "together-together..."

Ren heads out while a skipping Nora follows, passing Ruby, Yang and me, i didn't even notice them until now. Looks like they are busy readying themselves as well.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking.

She strokes her weapon and seems to be...Arroused by it?

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: You sound like Dad! Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

I chuckle.

(Y/N): You're so naive Ruby.

Ruby: Naive?

(Y/N): You'll understand later.

Yang: What about when we form teams?

Ruby: Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or (Y/N)'s or something...

Yang: Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?

Ruby: My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

Yang: What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!

Ruby: What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-

Jaune: Ridiculous! There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?

Weiss Schnee and a girl I recognize as Pyrrha Nikos as they ready themselves at their lockers.

Weiss: So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!