Gaara---/ Deal With It!

Start from the beginning

Despite popular opinions around the village, Taylor, when on missions was the opposite of her brother. She was more focused and thought her moves though. Planned everything out in her head as much as she was able and made sure to act in the best interest of her team. She always fought to keep her hot head as cool as possible. At least on missions anyways. It for the most part, made her a really good leader. 

As they all left towards the gates of the village Kiba look over at Taylor, "Have you ever been lead for a mission before?" 

"Of course I have." She answered. 

"You just always seem, hot headed." Kankuro said, laughing a bit. 

"That's because my brothers an idiot." She answered quickly. 

"She's not like that, on missions." Shikamaru said, shrugging, he had worked with her a few times on missions and knew quite well how different she could be. 

... 

They had almost made it to the deserts surrounding the sand village without incident, almost being the key word. Taylors senses tingles as the chakra around them spikes. The whole team felt it at the same time, rushing to a quick stop in the opening. 

"I count five." Kiba said quickly, sniffing at the air. 

"Six." Taylor corrected quickly, "Be ready." 

She slipped into a wider stance as the rest of the team also done so, Taylor pulled a small dagger from her pouch and held it at the read. As soon as a enemy was in sight she rushed forwards, clashing her dagger with the sword he was holding. They slashed at each other as she listened as the other fought behind her. 

Her and her enemy seems to counter each other out on every slash they made, making no head way, she backed up a step as he lunged forward, spinning on her feet and slashing at his side, he dodged to the side and grinned, she did not like that grin.

She knew why as soon as her foot came down on the floor, there was a loud explosion as she was sent flying across the opening, her back slamming into a tree, they had walked straight into an ambush, this was set up ready for them. 

Her head span as she rolled away from the tree and quickly looked around, her ears ringing from the explosion. Choji was down on one knee, clutching a gash in his side as Shikamaru was looking like he was struggling to hold two people at bay with his shadow jutsu. A glance to the other side showed Kankuro pretty beaten up but still fighting along side his sister, who looked in a better state but didn't seem to be able to keep there enemies from backing them up. She flicked her glaze around again but could not see Kiba or Akumaru anywhere.  That worried her. 

"Kiba." She called as she struggled to her feet, she had no idea where her enemy had gone. Her head was spinning. "Kiba?!" 

She got no answer, "Danm it." She hissed, rushing towards the two ninja stuck in place with Shikamaru's shadow, slashing the throat of the first and then thrusting her dagger into the heart of the other. They dropped to the ground as she spun on her feet, searching with her eyes. 

"Shikamaru, where is Kiba?" 

"That explosion, it sent him and Akumaru flying." Shikamaru said, nodding in the other direction to witch she was thrown. 

"Danm." She hissed, turning just in time to see the sand two take down there two enemy. That was four down but where the other two had gone was another question. She span her chakra out quickly, looking for Kiba and the other two enemy just as Kiba and his dog came crashing towards them in the fang over fang, sending an enemy crashing to the ground at Taylor's feet. 

She moved quickly the take them out and finish them off, she was quick, he was quicker. The enemy rolled over just as she swing down with her weapon, as her connected with his chest, his kunai plunged deep into her stomach. She ended his life with her dagger in his heart. She gasped as she feel back onto her bum, eyes wide in pain. 

"Taylor!" Shikamaru shouted as she clutched at the kunai still in her stomach. She gasped for breath and moved to get to her feet. No one sore it until it was to late. The last enemy barrelled straight at Taylor. Once hand slammed the knife further into her stomach as the other shoved into her shoulder. Shoving her powerfully backwards. 

She sailed though the air until her back collided with a tree, she dropped to the floor but as soon as she made contact with it, there was another explosion, sending her hurtling though the air again. The air knocked out of her and her vision faded into blackness. She it the floor unconscious. 

... 

With a heavy head, Taylors eyes fluttered open. She looked around, groaning softly to herself. She found herself in a room she did not recognise, there was lots of dressers and a huge desk scattered with tones of scrolls. There was also loads of scrolls in piles on the floor. 

She shifted herself to sit up a bit better, finding she was in a large bed. As she looked around the room again, trying to work out where she was as her side ached painfully she noticed the door opening. 

She smiled when she sore Gaara appear in the door way. "Oh good, you're awake." He said entering into the room. His brother, sister and the rest of her team came in quickly after. 

"I feel like crap." Taylor moaned, rubbing her head. "How did we get here?" 

"Gaara caught wind of the ambush, came out to look for us with a team." Kankuro said, "Just in time I think. You wore out of it after that second explosion. There was three more after that. More enemy arrived quickly following that, Choji was unconscious after the other explosions, wasn't sure we were going to get everyone out alive." 

"Everyone out." Gaara said suddenly.  

With confused looked at each other before they moved, everyone eventually left the room, leaving Taylor and Gaara alone in the room. He moved over to the bed and sat down on the edge of it. She smiled softly at him, she had always had a crush on him, she wasn't sure what it was that drew her to him. 

His eyes drew her in. His handsome face was just breath taking. She had been friends with him for a while now, thanks to her brother. Boy, he'd really go nuts if he found out about her crush. 

"So, I guess a thanks is in order." She said, smiling at Gaara. 

"You don't need to thank me. I couldn't exactly leave you to die, what would I tell your brother?" Gaara asked, smiling himself. 

"Ah, fair point." She laughed a little, "But I'm going to thank you anyway. So deal with it." She lent forward and took his shoulder into her hand, "Thank you Gaara-san." 

"Anything for a friend." He smiled. 

"Friend." She breathed to herself, that stung. She shouldn't let that sting like it did. 

"No." He said suddenly. She looked up into his eyes, he looked confused with himself. "Not friend." 

"I'm not your friend?" Taylor asked sharply. 

"No! You are. No, wait." Gaara looked angry with himself. 

"What is it?" Taylor asked, getting irritated. 

"I think, I love you." He rushed quickly, looking flushed. 

She smiled, she couldn't help herself, pink rushing into her cheeks. "Really?" 

"Well, Temari explained it, love, it feels like that, when I'm around you." He took her hand. 

"I love you!" Taylor said to him quickly. 

"You do?" 

"Yeah, so deal with it!" She laughed before leaning forward and kissing him on the forehead. 

"I guess I'll have to deal with it." He chuckled before leaning in and kisser her on the lips, soft and sweet before drawing away and smiling at her again. "Get some rest." 

Edited 05 August 2023