Kakashi---/ Becoming a Father

Kakashi’s heart pounding agenised his chest as he watched the door in the hospital. The screams of the woman he loves as she pushed the life from her. The life they created, together, as a team.

His first born. His baby. His legacy. Entering the world in that very room.

How could he even comprehend the thought of becoming a father? A father to someone so helpless. So small. So beautiful.

The thought of being a father had never crossed his mind. Not till now. He found himself felling happy and sick at the same time.

He felt lost, hopeless. There was nothing he could do to help. Nothing but sit there a wait. Hours it felt like, god danm hours.

There a team, they work together at everything, anything. Now he just felt like he was letting his teammate down. His beloved down.

One thought running throw his head over and over. The thought that he couldn’t shake. No matter what he did.

God let her be okay, let the child be okay.

Kakashi’s hatted the thought of losing his beloved and his soon to be born child. Would could be worse. He didn’t have the answer. Nothing could be, not to him anyway.

He tapped his fingers on the table impatiently, his eye locked with the door and his heart racing. Flipping in his chest with ever scream and shout.

Let them be okay god, please

His breath speed up when he heard crying, the crying of a baby. His eye shone with happiness and love. The baby was here, their baby was here. What more could he want? He thought of nothing.

The wooden door slipped open and the midwife walked out, closing the door behind him.

Kakashi shoot to his feet and looked at her. “The baby? How is it?” His hopes feel when he sore the sadness in her eyes.

“The baby is just find Kakashi-sana. You have a daughter.” She said.

“There’s not been a Hatake female born for so long.” Kakashi’s not meet a Female Hatake to have been born into the family. Kakashi was pround, beyond proud.

“I’m sorry Kakashi-sana.” The midwife looked down at her feet than back to Kakashi. “I’m so sorry.”

“What’s going on? What’s wrong?” He asked quickly, alarmed.

“Ayumi never made it, your wife passed away giving life to your daughter. Your beautiful baby daughter.” Kakashi’s heart shattered, he froze eye wide. Ayumi was dead, his beloved was no longer living.

She was never going to watch their child grow up. She was never going to watch Kakashi be a father, the best father. She was never going to see their daughter get married.

Kakashi held a hard face but let the tear roll down his cheek. He needed to be strong. He looked the midwife in the eyes. “Did she see her before she passes away?” His voice nowhere as strong as he wanted it to be. It was the voice of a broken man.

“She did, she’s passed as she held her new born.” The midwife said sadly, tears in her own eyes.

He stepped closer to the door, looking up at the midwife once again. “Can I see the baby, and her?”

“Are you sure you want to see her. She’s not in the best state?” The midwife curled a hand around the door handle.

“I want to see her.” His voice stronger than before but still nothing more than a whisper.

The midwife slide open the door and stood to the side, allowing the man to pass throw into the room. Kakashi walked slowly towards the bed were his wife laid motionless.

Kakashi’s heart pained more as he stopped by the bed, placing his hand upon her cheek. They were still wet with tears and sweet. Her lips were still there plum red. Her long purple hair, normally so silky and soft was now knotted and a soggy. Her sliver eye flashed throw his mind. The look of happiness she always wore, the bright cheerful smiled as well.

I’ll truly miss you Ayumi.

Kakashi’s closed his eye as another tear fell from his eye, falling and landing in the corner of her eye. The tear rolled down her cheek and onto the bed.

The sound of a baby crying drew Kakashi’s attention. He turned to find a nurse holding a baby in her arms, his baby, his little girl. His new reason to live.

“What are you going to call her Kakashi-sana?” The nurse asked as she placed the baby in his arms.

“There’s only one thing to call her.” He said a smiled behind his mask as he looked down at the baby in his arms.

“And what is that?” The midwife asked.

“Ayumi.” Kakashi said softly. “After her mother.”