Chapter 14~A kiss to remember~

Kenzie's P•O•V
"My client would like fifty percent of the company," I said in a stern tone. I'm in a business meeting trying to close a deal for one of my client. "Stop it Ms, Johns. That's simply too much that being asked. Thirty percent," Their lawyer spoke.

My client shook his head. I began to pack up my papers as I stood up from the table. The room looked at me in shock at my actions. "Listen. Fifty percent of the company or we walk. There's no hiding the fact that this deal will help you more than us," I said. I could see Smith trying to stay calm. Smith is their lawyer and I've gone to school with him. He knows I'm not bluffing.

They began to whisper in a hushed tone. "What's it gonna be?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "We'll take the deal," he said. I went into my briefcase and pulled out the paperwork. I handed them a pen and slid it across the table towards them. My client glanced up at me with a smile on his face.

They signed the papers and passed them back over to me. I placed them in a folder and put them back into my bag. My client and I stood and walked out. "Kenzie wait!" Smith shouted. I stopped and turned around to face him.

He put his hand out for me to shake. "Once again you prove yourself to be a unstoppable foe. Let me take you out for a drink," he smiled. I glanced down at my phone to see the time. "You're kidding me right? It's 10am," I laughed mockingly.

"Goodbye now," I smiled walking away from him. He rushed behind me and followed me into the elevator. "Come on. Lunch then?" He asked. "Let me put it simply for you. Okay read my lips now. No I will not have a drink with you or lunch with you," I stated. I hate when people can't take no for an answer.

"Will one date really hurt you?" He asked as he followed me into the parking lot. "How many times do I have to tell you no. I'm not interested in getting to know you," I said sternly. I reached for my car door pulling it open. He pushed the door closing it.

I turned around angrily. He touched my shoulder moving my hair over to the side. He kissed the back of my ear lightly. "I know you remember the fun times we had in college. Just come back to my place," he whispered. I groaned in disgust and slammed my elbow into his stomach. He groaned in pain and stepped back.

"No part of you is worth remembering," I said as my eyes fell to his crouch. "You're a small man there. And up here," I said. I pulled the car door open and stepped inside the car. Smith could never take no for an answer. I don't know what I ever saw in him.

I drove back to my office. I have to go back to my office and make copies of the contract.

"Ms. Johns, there's a women waiting for you in your office," Tessa announced as I stepped into the lobby. I looked into my office through the glass walls; there's a woman with light brown hair on my office. I walked inside and lightly closed the door behind myself.

She turned around and smiled at me. "I'm Linda, Theo's Mother. It's so nice to finally meet you," she smiled as she stood up. She put her hands out for me to shake. I smiled brightly and shook her hand. He doesn't look like her but they have some similar features. They have the same eye color and when she smiles you can see her dimples.

"I'm happy to meet you," I said. "Are you busy? If not I'd love to go grab a bite to eat," she said. "I'm not busy at all. Let's go," I smiled. She locked her arms with mine and we walked out of my office. I stopped at the front desk in front of Tessa. I moved my arm and dug into my bag for the paper work.