Chapter 31 ~Family~

Kenzie P•O•V
I get married in five days. Theo and I decided that we'd both bring along our closet friends, neither of us have told our families about when. The less people to know the better. I leave for Los Vegas two days from now.

Molly isn't an idiot, so this is where the tricky part of it all comes in. I made up a plan. I'm pretending that I'm actually having the wedding a month from now, I booked a venue, sent out guests invitations, even booked a wedding planner. But in actuality, I'm having a small wedding with a party of seven, and that's counting Theo and I. My bridal party is small, consisting of only my sister, Lacie, and Theo's sister Willow.

I left Molly crumbs lying around here and there. On my social media I posted that Theo and I would be taking a trip to Hawaii for a vacation. I've noticed a certain a faceless account has recently been following all my social media pages. Could be Molly, could be a random person. I have a strong feeling that the page belongs to Molly. I can only hope that she's falling for the bait.

I want nothing more to have my sister at my wedding. So, in order to take her and not have my parents involved I told them that I'd take her on a vacation. Today Theo and I are having a dinner at my parents house, his mother and siblings are going to be there. It's a way for us to have our families get to know each other.

I looked over my dress in the mirror. I'm wearing a dark brown dress with short sleeves, I put on white heels to go with it. In the mirror I caught Theo staring at me from the doorway, he's holding a bouquet of pink roses. He stared at me with admiration. "You look beautiful."

I blushed as I turned to face him. "Thank you." He looks handsome, as usual. He's wearing a simple black suit; it's one of my favorite looks for him. Actually- he could walk around in a plastic bag and I'll still love it on him.

He placed the box of flowers on the table in the living room. "Im bringing your mother some flowers."

I wish I could say "you shouldn't have." But knowing her, if he didn't bring something she'd drop him from the high place she holds him. He may not know it but she's tallying him. "Im sure she'll love them."

"Are you ready to go?"

I glanced back over at myself in the mirror. I think I'm ready to go. "Let's go."

If I'm going to be honest, I'm scared. Im really scared to meet his mother. I brought her gift too. She's born in June, so I bought her a pearl necklace. Im really hoping that she likes it.

As Theo pulled into my parents driveway I can already see their cars parked in the driveway. Theo's family is already here. Theo parked the car, the two of us sat in the car for a moment. He reached his hand across and took my hand in his. "You're scared?"

I stared ahead is us at the car parked in front of ours. My face scrunched up and nodded. "Yes. Feels like I'm going to throw up."

"Kenzie, look at me."

I pulled my gaze away from the car in front of us. I turned and stared into his eyes. He squeezed my hand. "I'll always protect you. Against everyone and anything. You don't have to be scared."

I swear I felt my heart swell. My nerves calmed just a little. I think I needed to hear that. I let out a deep breath. "Okay. Let's go."

Theo and I walked arm and arm into the house. My mother stood at the door waiting for us. When her eyes landed on the flowers her face beamed with joy. "For me?!" She gushed.

He laughed as he handed her the flowers. She took a deep inhale. She looks as happy as a child on Christmas. "I love them! You should have!" She squealed. I almost laughed. I really do know my mother. If she's anything, it is predictable.