[ 36 ] Chocolate Freak

Song: Good Life - G-Eazy, Kehlani

I forced a grin and lifted my hand out in a wave even though he'd just a meter or two in front of me. My other hand found itself glued to the side of my body. "Oh, hi!"

The mental script of the way this meeting would go flew straight out the window. Heck, I was going down. Faster than a teeny mini egg dropped from the Eiffel Tower.

Why could I just not follow the damn way I'd planned everything to go? I groaned, feeling the pressure.

I took this opportunity to take a good look at him. Despite the fact that I'd probably stalked him more that some of his crazy fans, this was the first time I'd seen him since the airport scene.

Great, then was the time that my heart decided to jump back on the treadmill. I moved my eyes back to his face to see a frown framing it.

Oh god, this is exactly what I dreaded. That he'd be all pissed at me for not believing him. Well, he did have a point. If the situation was the other way round, I'd have made him run a damn marathon or something.

I let out a defeated sound that made me feel like a dying cat. He looked angry. Well, as angry as anyone with a pretty face like how could get. "Get out of here."

My face dropped. Okay, that was a lot more direct than I expected it to be. I didn't expect to go down without a fight but an order like that was much harder to think of a comeback to.

"River let-" I started but me cuts me off again.

I'd never seen him look annoyed before. The grin suited him a lot better but I was pretty sure this wasn't the best time to bring it up.
"I said get out."

I was genuinely scared a little which was probably why I started backing my way towards the door. "River please, I didn't mean to-"

He rolled his eyes and folded his arms, "Whatever. Can you just leave now?" I felt like my heart was a balloon that had just been pricked. Was this really it?

I didn't know what to say. I hadn't really thought of how I'd react if this happened. "Oh, um. I-I just wanted to say sorry for assuming stuff and like being an idiot and yeah. Uh, I g-guess I'll go now." My hand found its way to the door handle when I heard a deep chuckle.

What? The laugh slowly got louder and I turned my head back around to face River, who was currently laughing his head off. As everything became clearer, my eyebrows furrowed in disbelief.

The asshole was joking?

"O-Oh my days! This-this is priceless. You should have seen your face! You through I was s-serious," River said in between laughs, trying to catch his breath again. He fell back onto the sofa looking up at the ceiling and kicking his leg up over the back.