[ 19 ] Family, Friends and FaceTime

Song: I Don't Like It, I Love It - Flo Rida

•••

I was terrified.

Clara sailed through the show without messing up anything. Something was going on. They acted like everything was filmed already and everyone loved the sneak peaks of the video. The song was fully releasing in a few days and the video would follow. I should have known that Clara would have had something tucked up the sleeves of her sleeveless dress.

I clocked on the journey back to the hotel. I pulled at the passenger door expecting to sit next to the driver, only to come beside River. I shot him an odd look. "Why you here?" I questioned, grammar going out the window. "Finn's gone with Arielle."

"Finn, as in the driver?" I asked him, furrowing my eyebrow. Why would he be with Arielle?
He laughed resting his head in the steering wheel, "Before you ask, why he'd be with Arielle, think."

I thought about pineapples.

River, shook his head, "I thought you'd realise after being around me for so long." The switch clicks and the current flows through the circuit.

If I'd found this out a a few months back, I'd be disgusted but by now, I wasn't even surprised.

I heard a knock on the window and see Clara. I contemplated rolling down my window as supposed to opening the door, but stopped myself when I remembered that she had behaved well at the interview. I should give her a chance. "Yeah?" I asked her.

"Would you be able to help me shut the trunk?" She asked politely, as I assumed she meant the boot of the car. Why, was she afraid to ruin her pretty little nails?

Sighing, I jumped out the car and walked towards the back only to find that the boot was already shut. What the heck? When I hear the passenger door shut, I got her game.

My jaw clenched as I watched her take my seat. Clara had officially taken pettiness to another level. Gritting my teeth, I swung open the back seat door and sat downZ

I clenched my fists. I did not deserve to be thrown at the back with Clara's dump. Heck, I felt outraged.

"Oh my gosh, River!" Clara squealed. "We're about five minutes away from my house."

What a surprise.

She stretched her hand out and placed it on top of River's on the gear stick. He tried to pull his hand away but Clara wrapped her tentacle fingers around him.

Uh-oh. I could see where this was going.

"You know what? I have an idea! You should come down to mine. You haven't been since the good old days!"