[ 18 ] Burnt Touch

Song : Are You With Me - Lost Frequencies

•••

"You what?" I yelled, panicking.

This was not happening. There was no way that she had promised a sneak peak of the music video to one of the greatest chat shows. I was torn between being as angry as thirty women PMSing and panicking my arse off.

And guess who managed to slip her tongue on a phone call approximately two minutes after seeing me with River?

Yeah, Clara fricking Gonzalez.

How was I supposed to give Evening's with Wendie Parkson a sneak peak of River's music video when I hadn't even finished recording it. Besides, Clara had decided to make it known to the public that she'd be appearing on the show with River in two god damn days.

I was furious.

She shot me a twister smile no clear with a hidden meaning. But I had bigger worries. Being the bigger person, I spun around and rushed towards Joel and the camera crew. "Right, guys. Would we be able to stitch together some of the scenes that we've already got and use them?"

Arielle leant her head to the side, before nodding. "We'll see what we can do." I thanked them, rushing to my pile of papers.

The schedule for the video was due to be commented in two weeks. With scenes in different places and sequences for background dancers to learn, it was impossible. I threw my head in my hands.

They were going to have to go into the chat show blind.

-xXx-

I protested against Harley, who had automatically taken up the role of my second in command. "Honey, it would make perfect sense! You know the scenes like,
of by heart so if they trip up, you'll be there. And besides, this is your chance to shine."

The last bit got me thinking. Did I want to go with them? I knew very well that thousands of people in America watched that show for Wendie Parkson was even famous back home. This was only temporary and I did need to start thinking about my career. I thought about it for a moment. "Alright, I'll go with them."

I had been over what to say on the show with the two of them a dozen times. Although I hated to admit it, I was pretty scared to get revenge on Clara for this because for all I knew, she could get revenge for this the next day. On national television. I wasn't going to risk that.

The talk show was hosted quite far away from where we currently were in New York, which was why we had travelled to a hotel closer the night before. Besides we didn't want our party animal to escape too far.

-xXx-

I fell asleep in the car. Again.

Trust me, I was pretty surprised to hear that too since I'd learnt from experience that I'd wake up the next day with bruises on my forehead from my mum's awful driving. It was probably the luxury of the car that lulled me to sleep within two minutes.