19 | The Nineteenth Chapter

***

picture above of each girl's outfits for the party. these are not the actual characters, seeing as Zoe has dark skin/hair, Adriana has black hair and River has white hair.

***

The Nineteenth Chapter - A Discount.

.

.

.

It was the day of the party. I'd agreed to let Zoe come over and get ready with me after school, considering she was my only friend who wasn't either completely shady or a guy, so I waited for her by my car after the bell rang. I hadn't bothered bringing any homework with me from my locker; I just went straight from my lesson to the carpark. If I was going to be drinking tonight, or dancing or leaving my house in general, there was no way I was going to spend the rest of the weekend with a hangover trying to do my homework. Here's hoping I got so drunk I lost all my memories, not just the party. All this shit was too difficult to deal with all the time; I think I actually needed to just loosen up a bit.

Also, my gut was bruised from Debbie, and I was still sulking about it.

"Hey sugar," I heard Will's light-hearted voice from somewhere in front of me, making me lift my head to see him wandering by with Tyler. "You still coming tonight?"

"If I can find your house," I shot back, and Tyler flashed me a smirk.

"Be there, Sin, or I'll come get you myself," he called over his shoulder. I found myself grinning at his words, tempting me to just let him come pick me up. But I shook my head out of it, cursing myself for being so easily entranced.

Then I realised that he'd used my last name, and I hesitated.

Did I...?

Did I like that?

Shit.

"Hey girl," another voice called, and I snapped out of my moment long enough to find Zoe approaching my car, a large smile on her face. I smiled back shakily, pushing off of my car to greet her with a quick hug.

"Hey, how was your day?" I asked as we both moved around my car to climb in. I shot one last glance over at Tyler and Will, seeing Adriana meeting up with them as well. Her eyes caught on to mine and she sent over a big wave, which I laughed at. I wasn't used to her being so happy; having her dad home seemed to be benefitting everyone but me and my family.

Thinking quickly, I waved her over, glancing over the hood of my car at Zoe. "Hey, you haven't hung out with Adri in a while, have you?" I asked, and Zoe's eyes widened.

"River, what are you-?"

"Hey ladies, you coming to the party tonight?" Adriana asked as she arrived, and I turned to face her, smiling widely.

"Yeah, we're gonna hang out at mine before coming over," I replied smoothly, tapping my fingers on the hood of my car as I spoke. "Actually, that's why I called you over; I know the party's at yours, but I wanted to know if you wanted to come over instead of waiting yourself? We might have a few beers, watch some movies, I dunno. I figured the three of us could get ready together. You in?"

"Well, we'd probably have to drop by my place to grab my outfit," she answered with a small smile, "but yeah, that sounds wicked."

"Awesome," I grinned, turning to shoot Zoe a wink. "We all ready to go?"