EIGHTEEN ➳ SHATTERED SIGHT, PT. 1

Start from the beginning

"I didn't," Anna said as she walked into Emma's office. "That doesn't make any of this less horrible."

The newly reunited sisters pulled each other into a comforting embrace; Anna had been hearing a few heart piercing words from her fiancé and could no longer take them.

When they pulled apart, Elsa kept her hands wrapped around Anna'a. "We have each other it's okay. You're immune. We all are. And we're together."

"It's gonna be all right. Remember, I'm the Saviour."

"Is that like, a real job here?" Anna asked.

Emma couldn't help bit agree. It seemed she was also up against something and only she could save everyone. "Apparently, it is. I promised all these people I'd get them their happy endings. And I will. I'm just not sure how at this moment."

After a moment, Anna's face brightened as a brilliant idea formed in her mind. "I think I might have an idea. Do you know how the Snow Queen got the idea for the curse? It's from a legend called the Trolden Glass."

"Never heard of it," Emma said.

"Its origin isn't important. What matters is how they broke the curse."

"What was done?" Elsa asked.

Anna thought for a moment, her face soon falling as she remembered. "Uh, to break the spell...they had to kill the King. So in this case, that would mean Ingrid."

"I don't believe killing is ever the answer. Are you sure we can't reason with her?" Elsa said.

Emma shook her head. "She's beyond that. We all want another way, but if it comes down to her or the town, I'm gonna do what has to be done."

"Emma," Elsa said in disbelief. "I promised Teresa that I would try and get her mother back for her."

"I know...but sometimes promises are made to be broken." Elsa frowned. "We should get going."

Elsa nodded and turned to her sister, "I'll be back soon."

"Wait," Anna looked at her with pleading eyes. "The Snow Queen is my aunt, too. If this is what has to happen, I wanna be by your side."

"Anna, sorry, but someone has to stay here with everyone else," Emma said.

"Emma's right. Stay with Kristoff."

Anna frowned. "But this was my plan."

"I know it was," Elsa said. Emma moved past them to give them a moment. "You're the smartest person I know, and you're my sister, which means you need to stay safe. Ingrid is a problem that Emma and I have to solve."

Anna sighed and glanced at Emma. "Do you trust Emma?"

"I do," Elsa nodded. "She's my friend."

"Then go."

The streets were so silent that as Elsa and Emma waited for Ingrid to walk out of her ice cream shop, they could hear shouting as people fought.

After a moment, the door opened and Ingrid stepped out in her sparkly white dress. They held their hands up at her and said threatening, "Stop!"

Ingrid did just that.

"This must end, Ingrid."

"Our magic is a part of us now. We control it, and we control it really well."

Ingrid had a soft look on her face as she glanced between them. "I'm so proud of you both. You've finally embraced who you truly are."

With a quick look at each other, Emma and Elsa then thrust their hands forward, but no magic hit Ingrid whatsoever.