Trying

"I feel sick"Jimin admitted as Taemin sat in front of him, a spoon in his hand that was held to Jimin's lips. "I think I'm gonna puke"

Taemin cocked his head to the side and placed down the spoon, rubbing his hands together in worry. "I didn't know hemophilia would do that to you"

Jimin shrugged and slipped into his blankets once more, a sigh escaping his lips as his back rested on the soft mattress. 

"My head hurts" Jimin murmured and turned on his side, trying to find a comfortable position. "I just want to sleep"

Taemin sat next to Jimin, on a chair, and begun to gently move the hair from his eyes. He had realized that Jimin's eyes were so...enchanting. They were like spirals of galaxies that demanded to suck you in to the point that it was hard to tear your gaze away from them. 

They held planets and stars that sparkled when he was happy, but no one could deny the sinking soulful feeling they gave out, like a star that had exploded into a black hole and tried to suck in the sparkle that gave those eyes life.

In other words, Jimin was someone you would want to protect with your life, even though you barely knew him.

"H-hyung..." Jimin gasped out suddenly. "C-can you g-get me a bucket-"

Jimin shot up into a sitting position, a hand cupped over his mouth as his other hand gestured for Taemin to move faster.

Taemin scurried around and found the bucked, shoving it into Jimin's hands before pressing the 'help' button to call Jichul. When the doctor came over, he was met with the painful sounds of Jimin vomiting and choking into a bucket, his forehead glistening with sweat and his hands trembling as they held the bucket.

"Jichul...what do we do?!!" Taemin asked in panic as Jichul carefully injected painkiller into Jimin's IV. "Don't you think there's something wrong?!!"

"Taemin, I need you to calm down...if you panic, I'll panic, so help me with this" Jichul said gently as he rubbed Jimin's back in an effort to comfort him. "Are you done, yet?"

Jimin shook his head and gagged into the bucket, waiting until he was absolutely sure that there was nothing left to puke out. 

Jichul gently pulled away the bucket as Taemin helped Jimin gurgle some water before falling asleep, fatigue taking over him. Jichul peered into the bucket and was met with the sight of blood mixed with vomit.

"Hey, I'm gonna give him an endoscopic injection if he has what I think he has." Jichul said gently to Taemin as the other clutched Jimin's hand in his own. "You don't have to worry about him"

Taemin looked up at Jichul with teary eyes. "Doctor...are you married?"

Jichul looked taken aback before shaking his head.

"Why don't you adopt, Jimin?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere else...

"I can't believe we're doing this" Jungkook muttered as he sat in Namjoon's room. "We just...left him there!"

The overseas trip was a lie, they were at home, going to school like normal and telling teachers that Jimin was not well enough to be present in class. It was killing them from the inside.

"We can't visit him" Jin reminded softly. "Dad has many doctors there making sure we don't show up. It's not like Jimin has a phone, anyway"

"Better that way" Taehyung muttered as he skimmed through the school website history that had a few insults towards their stepbrother. "I don't want him reading this stuff"

"We just have to hope for the best" Namjoon dampened his dry lips as he sat by his laptop. "Maybe Jimin is having a better time there than he would, here. I mean, it's not like there would be bad people insulting him, there"

"Got a point" Taehyung replied, his eyes on his phone.

"That's not what I'm worried of" Jin admitted as he closed his laptop. "Hemophilia...a severe case...could cause internal bleeding."