Paintings

A week later...

"Class, you will receive your paintings" Mr.Song announced as he gestured to some boxes in front of him.

The class burst into a concoction of voices until the teacher ordered them to settle down. He slowly handed out the small canvases to each student.

"Everyone seems hyped" Namjoon commented as he watched his tablemate bounce in his seat eagerly. "But you seem high"

Hosek let out a chuckle. "Of course! It's not always that this boring school gives us something worth doing. It's like finding a date to a prom!"

Namjoon heard a snort and turned around in his seat to glare at Yoongi who had his head on his table, hair disheveled like always.

"What if you get a guy?" he commented and stretched, his arms measuring the table. "Besides, it will just cause more racket in the hallway. Everyone will be curious and whatnot" 

"I don't care" Hoseok grinned and pulled a superior look. "The head of the Counseling Organisation will accept anybody"

"That's good news" Mr. Song said as he arrived at their table. "Because I have a very important painting to give you."

He gave Namjoon one and gave Hoseok's one face down before continuing on his way. Hoseok shot a look at Namjoon who shrugged and showed his painting that had a hand mirror surrounded by painfully bright colors.

"Why? You scared to look at it?" Yoongi taunted from behind, making Hoseok glare at him and shake his head. Slowly, he flipped over the canvas and let out a soft gasp.

It was a razor surrounded by dark colors that merged and blended into even darker colors.

Just looking at it sent a wave of emotions into his chest.

Sadness, Guilt, Pain, Insecurity, Confusion, Depression

This wasn't a painting

It was a cry for help

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin sat in his class as everyone else went out for recess. He had no money, so there was no use in buying stuff from the canteen.

"Aren't you gonna eat, Jimin?" Taehyung asked worriedly. He had a home-cooked bento in his hands.

"No." came the answer and Jimin looked away. Taehyung let out a sigh and walked out of the classroom, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. 

Jimin let out a breath and rested his head on his arms. He felt extreme fatigue throughout his whole body after a week of drawing out blood every night.

 He had gotten a painting yesterday, a piano that looked worn out surrounded in pastel colors.

"Hyung, has Taehyung gone for recess?"

Jimin lifted his head to look at Jungkook. He held his own lunch box and his hands still had faded colors on the tanned skin  from using oil pastels. 

"Yes, he has." Jimin muttered and was about to resume his position when Jungkook held him back. The younger placed his lunch box on the table and rested a hand on Jimin's forehead.

"Weird, you look sick, but you're not" Jungkook said and took a closer look at Jimin, who just sat there in confusion. 

Which actually means you're ugly  Jimin's subconscious stated He's just hoping you'll die like your father did.

"Look, I'm fine. Go and hang out with the school Princes like you always do." Jimin stood up and left the class, his shoulders sagging as if someone were pressing them down.

 Jungkook saw him pull at his sleeves before he turned a corner and disappeared.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung, I'm worried" Namjoon admitted as the Kim brothers gathered in Jin's room. 

They could hear the faint yells of their father and mother as they scolded Jimin for whatever he did. Taehyung had been with Jimin for the whole week in class, there was no way he could have done anything to make them mad.

"Is he getting settled again?" Jin asked as his younger brothers crawled onto his bed. "What did he do this time?"

Taehyung shrugged. "He's almost does nothing in class, anyway. I don't see what they are so mad about"

"Which is a problem" Namjoon continued. "I mean, Dad already forbids us from getting close to him. I know he's an illegitimate child, but I don't get why everyone is trying to either stay away from him or make a joke out of him."

"Even I don't like the way Mum and Dad talks to him, comparing him to us. He was raised differently from us." Jungkook sighed and laid back onto the comfortable bed.

"How many times are we gonna have this kind of conversation?" Jin grumbled. "We can't help him, we can't defy Dad's orders."

"I wish we could" Namjoon sighed.