The Aftercare Instructions

-Mark's POV-

"I'm so proud of you, Bright Eyes," I said, hardly believing what I was hearing when Jack got back to the hospital later in the day.

"Well, I'm just glad I didn't fuck things up," he says, his cheeks turning pink as he changed out of his suit. "The look on Mike's face was pretty funny though."

"I can only imagine,"  I said, sitting up a little taller to watch him undress. "Hey," I said, once he had stripped down to his undershirt and boxers. "Come over here for a moment."

He stopped changing and walked over to the bed, and crawled on top of me for a snuggle. "Mmmm, you smell so good," I sighed, rubbing the small of his back. "I can't wait to get out of here and have a nice time with just the two of us in the bedroom."

"Aww," he said, looking up at me with a sultry smile. "Is my Bright Eyes horny?"

"It's been a while babe," I said, giving him a short kiss. "So yes, a little."

"I'm happy to break your chastity belt once the doctor gives the ok." he said, nuzzling my neck. "Until then you just have to love me with your mind, and not your body."

"Hmmm. My mind can be a pretty dirty place too," I said, lifting up his chin for another kiss. "But you're the boss, Beautiful. I'll do whatever you say."

"Am I interrupting something?" asked a male voice behind us. Jack and I both looked towards the door to see Dr. Kingsley standing near the entranceway.

Jack jumped off of the bed and grabbed his jeans quickly, both of our faces turning bright red as we stammered explanations.

"No need to explain yourselves," Dr. Kingsley said as he walked over to my bedside. "My husband and I were your ages once. Just please keep in mind that you need his heart rate down for a while longer, Jack." he said, giving Jack a smile.

Jack cleared his throat and nodded as he finished putting his blue jeans on.

"I have come with your next set of test results Mark," he said, turning his kind brown eyes back to me. "The good news is it looks like your heart is in very good shape, and the incident that happened to you at your pool was only stress related. There are no underlying heart problems that we were able to find."

I heard Jack audibly sigh in relief. I felt myself relax as well. "That's really great news," I replied.

"Yes," Dr. Kingsley said. "However, you need to be more careful with your stress levels, Mark. That means taking time out when you are getting too overworked. You're a young man who has had too many visits to the hospital already. As much as I enjoy our talks, I would prefer to chat with you during a regular office visit, and not in the ICU."

"I agree with you there," I said quickly.

His eyes slightly narrowed. "I also know a well meaning work-a-holic when I see one. I don't trust that you'll be the best to judge when you're getting too stressed. At least for now."

"So that means it's up to you," he continued, now glancing back over to Jack, "to make sure that he takes better care of himself. I have already submitted the papers that we spoke about to the International Travel Office to request that you are able to have a much longer stay in the States until Mark gets a better handle on his stressors."

Jack nodded his head quickly, the pinkness in his cheeks flaring up again.

"This paperwork should work for now to keep Jack here," he said, giving Jack a couple of copies of forms, "however, I am certain that within the next year or so that you two will be looking forward to a more permanent set up together."

Jack and I both looked at each other, and grinned.

"If that's the case," Dr. Kingsley said, smiling himself now, "I hope I get an invitation to the wedding."

He chuckled softly at our smiling faces, and headed towards the door. "I'll be starting your discharge paperwork by the end of the day, and you can leave at the latest, tomorrow afternoon."

With a final small smile, he opened the door and walked out.