The Go-Kart Race

-Jack's POV-

We pulled into a large parking lot and parked, Felix then grabbed his cell phone out of his front pocket and starting pressing buttons quickly.

I glanced at Mark, who was sitting in the back seat, looking around in mild curiosity as to where we were.

"This is the go-kart arena," I said to Mark. "I've been here a few times in the past."

Felix glared at me. "So much for continuing the surprises. I knew that I should have kept both of you in those blindfolds."

Mark laughed as we all got out of the car. As we walked up to the entrance, I saw a familiar person heading towards us.

"Hey, Robin!" I said happily, hugging him when he got close enough. "What are you doing here?"

Robin smiled, and pointed to Felix. "He invited me."

"The more people to destroy in go kart racing, the better," Felix said with a wink. "Come on, ladies. Let's get driving. Well, except for you Jack. You can be Mark's cheerleader."

"Just because I don't have a regular driver's license yet doesn't mean -" I started angrily,

"Don't let him get to you, Sean," said Robin quietly. "You know he feeds off of irritating people."

"And the souls of virgins," Mark added. "Let's not forget that."

"Then I guess I'm going to starve, because there isn't a damn virgin anywhere in this crew," said Felix, reaching the ticket booth to pay. "And that goes double for you two, bi guys," he added with a smirk to Mark and me.

***

-Mark's POV-

"Annnnnd GO!" screamed the overhead speaker, and we were off.

Helmet firmly on my head, I pressed the gas pedal and was off like a rocket. The go karts were very solid, and hugged the road going around the curves very well. Felix did a quick move and was able to pass me pretty easily, but Jack was on his tail. Even with the roar of wind and loud engines I could hear Jack's laughter as he zipped by me to catch Felix.

Robin was not really taking part in any of the craziness, and was driving at a fairly slow pace as if he was on a Sunday drive to the grocery store instead of a winner take all death race. I leaned into the next couple of turns and caught up to Jack, who was still trying to overtake Felix, who was weaving all over the track doing his best to make sure that Jack getting by him would be a neat impossibility.

After another few laps my headache from earlier that morning had returned with a vengeance, and feeling like it would be best to not crash into anything, I waved to one of the staff members, and they pulled out the side track area for me to drive in. I took off my helmet, and they pointed over to a large sitting area that overlooked the track that I would be able to watch the rest of the race between the other three.

I sat down in one of the seats after grabbing an bottle of ice water from the snack machine. Jack and Felix were blurs on the race track, with Jack finally being able to overtake Felix on one of the twister turns on the back of the track. Robin joined me after another few minutes holding a couple small bags of popcorn. He smiled, and handing a bag over to me, sat down near my left side.