The Cabin Memories

(A/N: The above song is "Sweet Pea" by Amos Lee, and is meant to be listened to during this chapter. In my opinion it is best to listen to the song during the <> indicators of the chapter and follow along with the lyrics)

-Jack's POV-

"Watch your head coming -"

BANG!!

"Ow!" he said groaning.

"Into the doorway," I finished, looking back at Mark. He was wincing and rubbing the top of his head, his hair now dusted with wood pieces and a stray spiderweb.

"Loving you is dangerous to my health sometimes," he said with a grimace as he shook his head to get out the stray bits out of his thick mane of  dark waves.

"Sorry," I said chuckling as I pulled out a strand of webbing that was dangling in his face. I turned on the second light in the small room while Mark places our suitcase on the ground. The smell of wood and nature brought a smile to my face.

I looked around slowly at the bed built into the wall, and my old desk. The large window which opened out into the large field that I used to play in when I was much younger.

"I can't believe that I am in the famous cabin of yours," he said, smiling at me. "This is really nice."

"Yeah, this is the place. Looks so small now." I walked over to the desk, and placed my hand on the top. "This is where I started my YouTube career."

"That's amazing, Bright Eyes," he said, his dark eyes twinkling, "you've come a long way from this cute little place."

"The view is still spectacular," I said, looking out of the window and onto the dark green field and star filled sky.

"I agree with you," Mark said, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist and looking at me. "Absolutely beautiful."

"Were you talking about the view outside, or me?" I asked, looking up at him slyly.

"Both," he replied, and leaned in for a kiss. His hand floated up to my cheek and our kiss deepened. Our lips sliding against the others until we needed to inhale. Our eyes closed, our foreheads connected he placed his left hand on my waist and interlocking his right hand with my left hand, and we started swaying back and forth.

I giggled as we moved. "What are you doing?"

"I'm dancing with you," he said, giving me a quick kiss on the lips again.

"You goober," I said laughing. "There's no music for us to dance."

And instantly he began to hum a tune. It took me a moment to recognize it, but when I did felt my heart light up like a sunbeam.

His voice was so magical as he sang to me:

<>

"Sweet pea, apple of my eye.
Don't know when, and I don't know why.
You're the only reason I keep on coming home."

He nuzzled my nose with his and I laughed.

"Sweet pea, what's all of this about?
Don't get your way all you do is fuss and pout.
You're the only reason I keep on coming home."

He twirled me out and then back into his strong arms, and I leaned my head on his chest.

"I'm like the Rock of Gibraltar. I always seem to falter. And the words just get in the way.
Oh I know I'm gonna crumble, and I'm trying to stay humble, but I never think before I say."

He gave me a long and deep kiss, and placed my hand on his chest. I felt his heartbeat in the palm of my hand as he sang the last lines of the song into my very core, wiping happy tears from my cheeks.

"Sweet pea, keeper of my soul.
I know sometimes I'm out of control.
You're the only reason I keep on coming.
You're the only reason I keep on coming, yeah
You're the only reason I keep on coming home."

He leaned me back in a silly dip and we both laughed. I sighed deeply as we straightened up, and he kissed my forehead again.

"It's so amazing, sometimes," I said quietly, rubbing his bearded cheek with my fingers.

"What's so amazing?" he asked in a whisper.

"That I fall in love with you more and more, with each passing day."

Our eyes closed and we kissed again, the stars outside so bright and beautiful, but were nothing compared to his eyes.

***

-Mark's POV-

We both stood in our pajamas bottoms and looked at the small bed. I ran my hands through my hair as he scratched his chin thoughtfully.

"So," I said, turning to look at him. "How exactly are we going to do this?"

The bed was clearly not big enough for the two of us to lay down comfortably side by side. The mattress, though fairly soft, was at most a large twin size.

He sighed and shrugged. "I don't mind grabbing some of the blankets and sleeping on the floor. It's just for the couple nights before we head back to Brighton."

I thought for a moment, and smiled.

"No need," I said laying down on my back on the mattress, and then spreading my arms out for him to join me. "Normal couch napping positions?"

He chuckled, and crawled in between my legs and we laid belly to belly, with his head on my chest. I rubbed his back and shoulder blades and he relaxed in my arms. He turned his head to face me, so his delicate chin sat softly between my pectorals as he inched his way up closer to my face for a kiss.

"I love you so much," he said simply, his head moving back down to my chest and laying down again. His sea blue eyes closed and I kissed the top of his head. "When we get back to England, do you think that we can get a plan together about telling the viewers?"

"Of course," I said, taking a deep breath and starting to rub his back again. "I actually thought that the 15th would be a great date to announce it."

His eyes opened again, and he turned to looked at me. "The 15th? Why such a specific date?"

"That would be our 2 month anniversary together."

"Mark, our anniversary is on the 16th. That's the day we had our first date, remember?"

I nodded and kissed him again. "Our first date isn't our anniversary, even though that was wonderful. We started to date that night in the shower. The night I knew you were last person whom I ever wanted to give my heart."

His lips curved into a trembling smile. "Oh, Mark..."

"Love you Bright Eyes."