The other side

Damon's POV

I guess it should have been a clue that something was wrong. I mean come on, it's not normal to just be able to leave the hospital, without a real reason involved. I blame myself. I look down at the now closed eyes of the girl I earlier told I loved. I should have never let her leave my side. I never even got to find out if she felt the same way about me.

about 8 hours earlier...

Tori's POV

I met Ben outside and we walked outside the hospital together. He grinned at me as we got into the car.

"So you and Damon?"

"What about me and Damon?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"What's going on there?"

"Well he told me he loves me." I said, watching as his fingers clentched around the steering wheel.

"Do you feel the same way?" His voice was holding an emotion I couldn't place.

"I'm not sure." We swerved slightly, and I gripped the handle on the door.

"Ben, be careful! Getting in the car again was scary enough!" I yelled, my eyes widening as I remembered when Damon swerved off the road. He muttered something unaudible, and we continued on in silence. We stopped outside of my favorite place. I grinned as I got out. There was a Dunkin Donuts on the edge of some woods, then about half a mile away there's a cute little park in the woods, with a cabin not much farther after that. We each got a boston cream donut and a hot chocolate. We came to a stop when we reached the swings at the park. I liked it because it was such a big part of our childhood. Ben used to bring me here all the time. We climbed up to the tree house atthe edge if the park and watched our breaths come out. It may be summer but it was still rainy and slightly cold. I wrapped the light jacket more around myself. Ben suddenly turned to me looking very serious.

"Who am I."

"Ben?"I asked chuckling at the odd question.

"Who am I to you."

"You're still Ben to me.." I said cocking my head in confusion.

"Am I Ben your brother?"

"Yeah, but you feel closer than just a brother. You are my brother and best friend." I grinned, but it slowly slid off my face when I saw his face.

"I'm your brother and best friend?"

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"Nothing more?" He asked slowly, like he really didn't want to know the answer.

"I mean we're as close as you can get.."

"A boyfriend comes before a best friend or brother though." He said more like he was telling me than asking me.

"Are you worried about me dating Damon? He's really a great guy."

"I'm sure he is."

"Than what's the problem?" I asked, at the conversation in itself.

"I love you."

"Well I love you too." I said rolling my eyes and shrugging my shoulders.

"No. I love you. More than a best friend, more than a sister. I love you." Ben said not letting his gaze leave my blue eyes. My eyes widened in shock. Ben was serious. He meant what he was saying. He didn't have an ounce of humor in his eyes.

"I don't knwo what to say." I said honestly.

"Say you love me too." I

"I can't Ben."

"And why the hell not?"

"I love Damon!" I shout, suddenly annoyed Ben put me in this position.

"No you don't!"

"Don't tell me what I think!" I grind out. "Go to hell Ben!"

"That's it!" Ben's eyes had turned dark as he grabbed my arm and pulled me from the tree house. He started dragging me further into the woods.

"Stop it Ben!"

"Shut up Tori!" He said rolling his eyes as he continued dragging me, and holding my arm so much it hurt from the lack of circulation. We arrived outside of the cabin. He swung open the door and threw me on the floor. " I'll be back in 5 minutes." He said, glaring. He walked outside and shut the door. There was a scraping sound then the sound of retreating footsteps. I got up and tried to open the door to find... it was locked. I took my phone and called Hunter. If I called Damon, who knows what he would have done. I could trust Hunter. Damon may try to leave the hospital, and lord knows he needs to rest longer.

"Hunter!" I whisper-yelled when he answered his phone.

"Hey Tori, wassup? I heard you were out of the hospital. Congrats!"

"Help me! Ben, my step brother, kidnapped me and I'm stuck in the forest by the Dunkin Donuts in Ken's Park on the outskirts of town.

"Holy crap! Are you in that creepy cabin?"

"Yeah hurry Hunter!" I yelled when Ben came back. His face was red with anger.

"Trying to leave?" He growled out.

"Ben!" I screeched in fear.

"Tori no! Get away from him!" Hunter exlcaimed over the phone. I ended the call and put my phone in my pocket, ready for anything.

"This should be fun." Ben said, an evil glint in his eyes, as I backed away until I was against the farthest wall. Hunter, you better hurry your butt up!

Like? I think it has a cool twist... tell me what you think!