-Seven-

Your POV
We finished our mission without any problems and surprisingly quickly. It was just gathering some information. Dazai decided to let us take a walk around instead of heading straight back to the headquarters and deal with all the glares that I would typically receive upon my return.

"Thanks for letting me just walk around for a bit with you." I told him as we strolled around the city, towering skyscrapers all around us. The streets were bustling with crowds of people all going to their assorted destinations, their feet scuffling on the concrete floor and chatter filling the air. Cars' engines were softly growling in the streets with the occasional honk of a horn going off.

"I figured you'd appreciate a nice walk instead of being trapped in headquarters all day." He said with a sweet tone, keeping his hands in his coat pocket. "You need some time out of there anyway."

"Well, thanks nonetheless. I really needed this." I replied with a smile, wandering around with Dazai by my side. It almost felt like magic, like it wasn't real but yet it was. I was out of what felt like a cage, and with someone that I never thought I'd be walking with. It was surreal.

We strolled around the city for hours, checking out shops and various other buildings. There was one building I wanted to check out, but I'm sure Dazai would never allow it: my dad's apartment. It's felt like it's been forever since I've seen him. I had doubts that he would let me actually go and see him, since I was practically held captive, but it couldn't hurt, right?

I looked at Dazai shyly, nervous about asking. "H-Hey, Dazai?" I stuttered quietly.

"Hm? What is it (y/n)?" He replied with a sweet tone.

"Uh, I was wondering... Could we um... Visit my dad? H-His apartment should be nearby-"

"No, I'm sorry." He dismissed my question quickly, regret taking the place of his sweeter voice. "You can't see him."

"Wh-What? Why not?" I asked, my voice slightly cracking. I missed my father... A lot. I just wanted to see him, even if just for a moment.

"What would he think of you if he saw you with me in the Port Mafia? Do you think he'd be happy for you? That the situation we put you would be fine?" He replied, his voice getting darker and more solemn. He stayed silent and let his words sink in a little more. He was right, Dad would be happy to see me, sure, but if I ever told him the reason why I couldn't come home, he'd be furious with the Mafia... maybe even me too for trying something so dangerous.

"You're right..." I said softly, sounding defeated, "I shouldn't have asked, I'm sorry."

"No, I'm the one that should be apologizing." He replied, putting his hand on my shoulder and smiling down at me with his usual cute but dorky grin. "Now let's enjoy the rest of this walk, shall we?" His voice brightened up as we continued our stroll around the city.

We explored what could be explored in the area, even going into a couple shops because I was curious. Dazai refrained from entering any of them and just waited for me outside, standing there like a guard and unintentionally intimidating people so they wouldn't enter. Whenever I came back out from the store, he would smile and gesture me to lead the way, going wherever I went.

Hours passed and eventually we had to start making our way back to headquarters. As much as I tried to convince Dazai to let us wander a little more, mostly because I enjoyed my moment of freedom, he refused and urged us to return. As we walked, Dazai's phone began to ring. He pulled it out and opened it, bringing it to his ear.

"Yes?" He answered, remaining silent for a few moments after as he listened to the person on the other end of the line. "Okay, thank you for the update, I'll be back in a few minutes. Yes she's with me." He said as he glanced at me, "Yes, she's behaving herself. I know, I know. Goodbye." He hung up and put the phone back in his pocket.