-Five-

Shortly after my camera died, we began to head back to headquarters. Also, to add on to everything, there was a downpour that came out of seemingly nowhere. Although I'm glad that it didn't happen when my camera was out of the window, I was still rather worried that it would get damaged from the fresh rain.

Dazai let me borrow his trench coat so I can keep both myself and my camera dry. I tried refusing it when he gave it to me, however he said it would be a shame for a lady like me to get sick and our evidence destroyed. I will admit, for being one of the Port Mafia's executives, he sure did have a sweet side to him that I liked.

What felt like moments later, we arrived back at headquarters where we would look over the footage and the audio. I charged my camera from the laptop I was given and Dazai sat on my bed, peeking over my shoulder curiously. He occasionally looked up at a beam I had running across the top of my room that was low enough to get to, if he stood on my desk.

"Isn't that a nice beam?" He said almost with a dreamy expression. I turned to see what he was talking about. I honestly couldn't see what was so nice about it, it was just a slab of wood running a few feet above us.

"Uh, yes?" I replied with uncertainty before returning back to my work. The file was large and taking an enormous amount of time to transfer. I rested my elbow on the desk and my chin on my hand as I stared at the loading bar, only being at four percent after being here for about thirty minutes.

"Do you have any rope in here?" He asked with joy as he glanced around my room.

"No, why?" I was pretty sure of the reason why, however I wanted to make sure it wasn't what I thought it was.

"Oh, that's a shame." He says with disappointment as he looks back at my laptop. "So how long is that going to take?"

He didn't answer my question, but I just assumed that my suspicion was correct. I glanced back at my computer and looked at the estimated time before the film is entirely uploaded.

"It says a few hours, but we can never be too sure." I explained with a small shrug in my shoulders. I could see him shrug as well in the corner of my eye as he stood up.

"Well, I have more work to attend to. I'll let you know if I need anything from you, and I hope you'll tell me when that's finished?" He instructed me in a kind voice.

"Certainly."

"See you later then!" He said with cheer as he turned to leave my room, gently closing the door behind him.

I sighed softly as he left the room and stared at the loading bar on the screen, thinking that for some reason it would go faster. I put my finger at the edge of the green part on the loading bar, wondering if it was moving at all, which it thankfully was at about a pixel every eternity. I groaned and decided to write since that's what I was really here for anyway.

I opened up a new document and began to write down everything that has happened to me since my first interaction with the Port Mafia. Life here definitely interesting, especially with all of the crime that I knew they were doing and even though I wasn't really doing much of it, I still felt like I was also getting my hands dirty.

As I wrote, I felt like I was going to eventually have to kill someone as a member of the Mafia, and I really hoped it would never come to that. I'm barely even comfortable seeing a lot of blood at one time, how could I even look at a dead person let alone take their life? All life to me was precious, I couldn't just take it away.

A sudden ruckus was going on from the outside of my door, yelling and arguing that I couldn't help but be interested to listen to. I was coming in on what seemed to be a mid-argument, so I couldn't really tell what was going on or follow their train of thought, but it was getting ugly from the sound of it. I stood up from my desk and went over to the door, slightly cracking it to try and get a glimpse of what was happening.