-One-

I rushed through the alleyways with my camera strapped around me neck, bouncing back and forth on my chest from the pace. My research into the infamous, yet exceedingly mysterious, Port Mafia has officially landed me into trouble. I have always been fascinated by the events of the Port Mafia, however I didn't support their methods. I wanted to learn why they did everything the way they did instead of through other means.

I always kept my distance when observing them to prevent them from discovering me, and for the past couple of months it's been working well. I've never been found before, but this time I got a little too close trying to take a photo. That, and the fact that I forgot to turn off the automatic flash that also got me caught.

I weaved through the alleyways and backstreets of the city, trying my best to get away from the small group of Mafia members following. I didn't get a chance to see how many, but I knew that I was being pursued by at minimum five. I ran as swiftly as I could, running into puddles along the cement fresh from the rain a couple hours earlier.

I never stopped running, however I was forced to when I made a wrong way turn into a dead end, being blocked by the wall of a factory that I recognized far from the city center. I turned around in an attempt to leave the area, yet I was greeted by the Port Mafia. I briefly had the time to check my odds and see who I was up against. They were all well-trained in combat, so in a physical confrontation, I had little chance with my limited experience. There was more than I had hoped, a total of eight.

I stood still, paralyzed in fear and my heart was pounding. I was breathing heavy, both from exhaustion and in panic. They all caught their breath for a moment before advancing closer to me in a threatening way. This wasn't going to be it for me... Right...?

"Well, what are we going to do with her?" The one closest to me sneered as he leisurely strolled over with his hands in his black trench coat.

"You know what the boss wants." Another one commented. "Anyone who tries to get a picture of us is to be removed so it doesn't leak out."

"We could just destroy her camera to save us the trouble." The first one replied. A different member in the group bursted out laughing maniacally.

"You know that ain't how we do things!" He roared with insanity. "We have to get rid of all the evidence! Who's to say she's not gonna tell the police about us? What if she is one of 'em? Can't have her goin' back!"

A few of them, if not all, nodded their heads in agreement. This wasn't going to be good. At least I'll go out quickly, as from the research that I've conducted, they generally "get rid of someone" by using a gun.

As I predicted, one of them pulled out a small hand pistol and aimed it at my head. I began to shake where I stood as I fully came to the realization that this was the end of the line for me. I can't just stand here, I have to do something! But my legs just won't listen to me!

"Wait a minute." Another member in the back stopped the closest from pulling the trigger. What does he mean 'wait'? What's going on?

"Why can't we have a little fun?" He growled in almost a demonic tone. "It's been a while since we've tortured someone, now hasn't it?"

They were going to.... Torture me...? They weren't just going to kill me and get over it? Horrible thinking, but in this situation it was something I hope would happen. I had to get out of here. I quickly scanned the area to see if there was a safe way out, to which was in vain.

"You're right, it has been a while. Let's do it." The one holding he gun holstered his gun and sprinted over to me. Frightful, I did what I thought would be a smart idea. I fought back.