Steamy showers.

-begin flashback-

I wander around the base for a few hours, trying to kill some time before I eventually take a shower and clean myself up in the empty room.

On my little adventure trip I discovered a map and a schedule/calendar.
The map is actually very helpful since I never actually payed attention to my tour and the calendar shows me any events and activity's happening around me.

I nod to myself, satisfied with my discovery's.

Apparently every Friday at 10:00pm, which is tonight, they hold a bonfire outside the large building that holds the dorms, mess hall, and male showers.
I heard some privates calling it the warehouse because it's the biggest building on the base...and it looks exactly like a warehouse.

Unfortunately if I want to get to Erwin's office I will have to walk outside and go past the intelligence offices and the privates training grounds...all the way across the base.

I sigh and let my head fall down.
"Just great." I say sarcastically as I walk out of the showers, still a little damp from my shower but dry enough that I won't soil my paper map or calendar.

"I don't think anything is great here."

I jump as a voice behind me speaks up.
I turn and see a taller boy with  two toned hair and a white-ish towel wrapped around his waist, his fit physique on full display.

"You shitty brats need to stop sneaking up on me..." I frown deeply and he just smiles innocently.

"Sorry, my names jean." He says holding out his fist, probably wanting a fist bump.
I flash him a glare and I ignore the offer in favor of spinning around on my heel away from jean and beginning my short walk to the exit

"Wait! At least tell me your name?" He grabs my shoulder and I cringe at the thought of his big sweaty child hands on me.

I slowly flash him a death glare and he lets go of me.
"My names Levi..." I say simply, trying to end the conversation.

"Well, hello Levi. I haven't seen you around here before and I was just curious because I saw you talking to Eren earlier."

I turn to face him, deciding I'm suddenly interested in this conversation.

"You know Eren?" I ask curiously.

He frowns and nods his head yes.
"Yea...I guess. We kind of have a love-hate relationship though, but I guess you could say I'm the closest one to him here."

I bit my lip in thought, an idea forming in my head as I sit down on one the wooden benches by the showers, facing the long faced boy.

"Yea, I'm new here." I say crossing my legs.

He nods. "I figured you were."

"How do you know Eren?" I ask with an innocent tone in my deep voice and my gunmetal grey eyes observing jean carefully, taking in every single movement he makes as he strips his towel and walks up to one of the series of poles to shower.

I have to hide a cringe at his naked body.

"I met Eren about 2 years ago. It was his job to train me and a few other recruits for only a few weeks until our commander would show up on base from the frontline...but he died and Eren had to be our teacher for a whole year until another one arrived."

I have to strain my ears to listen to his rambling over the sound of the water smacking the yellow tiled ground below him.

"So...he was already commanding privates 2 years ago?" I say. My mind is muddled and swirling with unanswered questions.
"But he's so young."