Curiosity.

I won't have any of Augustus and John in this chapter. Btw I don't know if you guys know but Augustus is the bigger kind one and John is the skinny "mean" one with oily black hair...just making sure.

I awkwardly stand in a large conference room with wooden floors and a large oval shaped table in the middle with several well built men congregated around it talking animatedly about trivial things with no relevance to me.

I decided it would be best to keep my distance from the hoard considering that this is my first time being in a place like this and I'm not exactly sure what to do...especially because no one really told me what I'm supposed to be doing here anyway.
Erwin sits in the back talking obnoxiously loud to a few other men who are adorned in medals and bronze plated name tags while I push myself farther into the corner away from the others because If I'm anything, I'm definitely not outgoing.

When you're in the corner you expect to be able to see everything around you...and nothing can sneak up on you, but I'm still startled and baffled as a sweet honey voice comes out of nowhere.
"So...you must be Levi?" Says the smooth voice.

I look around quickly, almost thinking that I must have Imagined the voice when my eyes finally catch a tall boy with caramel skin and sea foam green eyes standing before me. How was he able to sneak up on me when he literally walked straight to me?

I feel my body freeze as I stare into his almost childish, young eyes.
He has pearly white teeth hidden by nice plump pink lips and large innocent eyes that rest under a mop of messy brown hair.

"I'm Eren, General Erwin's prodigy apprentice. It's very nice to meet you." He holds his hand out in a greeting and I take it, shaking it with a firm grip, feeling the soft grooves of his hands that truly show his young innocence, but I also feel deep scars running across the ridges of his palm that represent the amount of guns he's held...how many knives he's used...how much experience he has learning to kill...

I keep my mouth closed about my observation and keep that topic locked away for another conversation.

"I didn't know generals could have apprentices...you must be very talented." I say with an inquisitive smirk but it's wiped off my face when he smiles wide, a soft blush sets on his face and his almost unnaturally white teeth shine in the dim lighting.

"I'd love to think so." He scratches the back of his neck nervously.

I have to cough loudly to get my voice to return back to me from whatever deep place it went to within me, but before I can break the silence he opens his mouth to talk.

"Anyway...General Erwin told me to answer any questions you have and to show you around the base." His face returns to a soft smile.

I look back at Erwin to see him chugging down some whiskey with his "pals".

I look back at Eren. "Okay...what am I doing here for starts?"
He looks confused for a second and he bites his lip in thought.
"General Erwin didn't tell you?" His sweet voice is laced with confusion.

"Well...I was told that Erwin was in a dire situation and he needed my help. I assumed that he needed a military strategist to help him and I thought I was his best option, but he seems just fine with the people he has right now."

I look over to Eren to see a thoughtful expression on his caramel features as he looks to the floor and nibbles on the knuckle of his pointer finger.
When he lifts up his hand his sleeve slides down enough for me to see a burn on the back of his wrist...followed by a series of scars, all of them old and healed over...but none of them look self inflicted, which intrigues me deeply.

I tilt my head to the side. Curious about this strange boys origins and his mysterious nature...he's almost scary in the way he presents himself, even though he seems so friendly. Somethings not completely right about his character...I just can't put my finger on it.

"Well...General Erwin explained that you were to stay here for a few months to help train his Lieutenants, offer your expertise in cultural strategy's and human physiology, and to remain beside Erwin as a..."
he paused for a second.

"Advisor...to help him make decisions." He seemed content with his answer and looked up to smile at me kindly and any questions I had about his character are wiped from my mind...he looks so sweet and young.

"Any other questions?" He puts his hands behind his back and continues to smile.

"Yes...how many rules is Erwin breaking by inviting me here?"  I ask as a joke.

He pauses and his smile disappears from his face, replaced by a serious, almost dark frown that sends my hairs on edge.

"It's a time of war...there are no rules."
His words send eerie chills down my spine because deep down, I know he's right...no matter what happens in the process, all that matters is who wins and who loses.

It's a world of grey after all, in our society hidden by a curtain of black and white.

"Anything else or would you like me to give you a brief tour of our base?"  He smiles again.

He seems so happy and cheerful...even though he was so dark and mysterious a few moments ago. I start to think that there's more that first meets the eye about this boy before me and I start to find myself curious to uncover the hidden truths that he hides below the surface of his reality.

He smiles at me and I smile back.
"I would love a tour of the place."

He turns on his heel and walks out of the room and I follow him to whatever destiny he leads...I guess I have no choice here...

Oooooh...what is Eren hiding? What are those scars? Btw they are not self inflicted just so you know...

Anyway hope you enjoyed! Vote if you liked!