Arguments.

Im just not gonna put his flashbacks in italics...it's just too much work and I actually don't like the way it looks, so I'm just gonna have a "end flashback" and a "begin flashback" beforehand.

He walked almost cat-like. He walked with the grace and diligence of an older man...a man who's so full of wisdom and knowledge to hold on to...a man who's experienced the world 2 times over.

He doesn't act like a clumsy 20 year old... he seems so mature that it's almost creepy and odd. What has this poor boy seen to change someone like that?
I decide that it's now my new goal to figure this boy out...even if it kills me.

"How old are you?" I start hesitantly trying to break the silence between us.

He turns and looks back at me just enough that I can see a seductive smirk cross his face but it's only there for a second before he looks back forward and continues walking.

"And this is the mess hall...this is where you and I will be eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner." He walks into a large room with large rows of wooden tables and small benches to serve as seating.

He continues to ignore my question after a few moments and he acts like it was never even asked in the first place.

"Breakfast is at 5:30 am sharp, lunch is at 12, and dinner is served at 6:30."

I frown and duck my head at the loss I just suffered and look down at my feet...my mind racing.
"Have you known Erwin long?" I try a less personal question and he seems not to mind.

"You could say that...we met at a German military base 3 years ago." He says simply as he gracefully walks into another room with ugly yellow and green tiles on the floors and up the walls with tall metal poles sticking out of the floor unceremoniously.

"This is the men's shower...everyone showers in here together." He turns and flashes another smirk that sends electric sparks to a place deep within me.

What is he trying to accomplish here?

"Be careful not to use any of the showers to the left...they only spout extremely hot water."
He closes the door to the "showers" and we're off to another part of the base.

"That doesn't make sense..." I whisper to myself so quietly that I almost didn't even hear it but Eren still turns his head slightly to my form behind him.

"What's confusing?" He asks, a skeptic tone to his voice.

"Oh...it's just...that 3 years ago you would have been too young for the front lines...I assume from your body structure and the health of your skin that you can't be over 20...and I can bet that they wouldn't send an 17 year old to the front, among the higher ups...unless...you were rescued." I barely whisper out the last part but it's enough for it to echo along the confining walls of the base and interrupt the silence the loomed over us before.

I pause...everything finally clicking together like a puzzle piece.

He freezes and I see a dark gloomy aura around him.
He ignores my revelation and continues walking, his pace picking up and I almost have to run to keep up with his much longer legs.

"Eren...I didn't mean to pry I'm just curious?" I say trying to apologize...which is weird for me...I'm known for being a lone wolf, not caring who I hurt in my quest for knowledge...but the way he looked made a deep part of my gut clench tight in guilt.

"Eren?"

He stops and suddenly I'm against the metal walls of the base.

My head spins at the sudden speed I'm put under.   I didn't even see him grab me by the shoulders and push my back against the cool slick walls.

"Look...it's best you forget about what you think you know..." He looks me in the eyes...almost searching me for an answer to an unknown question and a quiet plea.

I wait a second before I gather my thoughts and turn him to push him to the wall, spinning us so I'm in front, staring at him in his sea foam green eyes.
"I'm sorry for prying but you have to know that I have my fair share of fighting skills...it's best not to challenge me" I say in a low voice...almost seductive at its deep tone.

He has a proud smirk dancing on his lips as I back away and let him off the wall.

"Your a brave son of a bitch." There are no threatening tones in his voice, it's almost playful as his lips twist into a deeper smirk.

I decide to play along. "You fucking bet." I say...with an equally deep smirk on my lips.

He ignores our previous "argument" and walks in front of me with his signature cat-like walk and graceful movements, a smile on his plump lips.

He's suddenly friendly and happy...it's a quick change from his previous playful and cocky attitude...

'What is it about him?' My curiosity is peaked and I'm almost shaking at the need to understand him...I guess I can't hold back from a good mystery after all...

Oooooh...the drama is building! Anyway I hope you liked and if you did please vote...it makes my day!