The Waters Of Mars Pt. 5

Adelaide presses a button on a computer keyboard. The monitor lights up with Warning.

"Come on, come on!" the Doctor steers Gadget through fire and water.

"Implementing Captain's protocol."

"Adelaide? What are you doing?" {Y/N} asks.

"Oh, my God. Action Five."

"If I have to fight you as well, then I will" {Y/N} says.

"Nuclear device now active and primed" the countdown has started at 100 "nuclear device now active and primed."

"Blast off!" the Doctor says.

"Gadget gadget" Gadget zooms forward.

"Faster!" Gadget streaks across the sands of Mars. Gadget reaches the TARDIS.

"Nuclear device entering final process."

"Gadget gadget" Gadget raises the key to the lock.

"And we're in! Ha, ha" the Doctor says, the countdown reaches 43. The Doctor sets the TARDIS controls remotely via Gadget.

"Gadget gadget" 23, 22 and the wind of a materialising TARDIS fills the area. 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Bowie Base One goes boom.

*Time skip*

The TARDIS materialises on a snow covered Georgian street. The Doctor and {Y/N} lead Adelaide, Mia, Yuri and Gadget out.

"Isn't anyone going to thank me?" the Doctor asks, Gadget shuts down.

"He's lost his signal. Doesn't know where he is" {Y/N} says.

"That's my house" Adelaide says.

"Don't you get it? This is the twenty first of November 2059. It's the same day on Earth. And it's snowing. I love snow" {Y/N} says as snow sticks to her coat and hair.

"What is that thing? It's bigger. I mean, it's bigger on the inside. Who the hell are you two?" Mia asks running away.

"Look after her."

"Yes, ma'am" Yuri runs after Mia.

"You saved us."

"Just think though. Your daughter, and your daughter's daughter, you can see them again. Family reunion" the Doctor says.

"But I'm supposed to be dead."

"Not any more" {Y/N} says.

"But Susie, my granddaughter. The person she's supposed to become might never exist now."

"Nah! Captain Adelaide can inspire her face to face. Different details, but the story's the same" the Doctor says.

"You can't know that. And if my family changes, the whole of history could change. The future of the human race. No-one should have that much power."

"Tough."

"You both should have left us there."

"Adelaide, we've done this sort of thing before. In small ways, saved some little people, but never someone as important as you. Oh, we're good" the Doctor says wrapping his arm around {Y/N}.

"Little people? What, like Mia and Yuri? Who decides they're so unimportant? You?"

"For a long time now, we thought we were just survivors, but we're not. We're the winner. That's who we are. The Time Lords Victorious" {Y/N} says.

"And there's no one to stop you two."

"No."

"This is wrong, Doctor, {Y/N}. I don't care who you two are. The Time Lords Victorious is wrong."

"That's for us to decide. Now, you'd better get home. Oh, it's all locked up. You've been away. Still, that's easy" {Y/N} points her sonic screwdriver at the front door, and it opens.

"All yours" {Y/N} smiles.

"Is there nothing you two can't do?"

"Not anymore" Adelaide goes inside, drawing her gun and closing the door. Then we hear the shot and see the energy blast light up the window. The Doctor and {Y/N} turn around and in their head, they watch the history record change her place of death from Mars to Earth. Susie Fontana Brooke still goes into space, though.

"I don't care who you are. The Time Lords Victorious is wrong" the two turn to see an Ood looking at them.

"I've gone too far. Is this it? My death? Is it time?" the Doctor asks, he falls to his knees, {Y/N} kneels down beside him, the Ood vanishes. A while later they get up and go inside the TARDIS. The Cloister bell tolls "no" the Doctor mutters, {Y/N} grabs his hand.

---

~Bread 🍞