Chapter 29

Dedicated Chapter Song: Good To Be Alive - Skillet

This life could almost kill ya when you're trying to survive.
It's good to be here with ya. And it's good to be alive. It's good to be alive. I was lost and I was gone. I was almost dead inside. You and me against the world. It's a beautiful night. It's good to be alive.
(Anna)

  *Decades Ago*

  *Decades Ago*

      “Ergh! Let me go!” Anna pretended to fight Cullen, kicking and flailing as he shoved her onto a ship. “Shut up!” he hissed. “Where are you taking me?! Someone help!” surprisingly enough, she played her role well. “A fair trade for that ignorant Annalise. I sold her for a million. That'll be enough to pay for the gear I need to aid the others...” he mumbled to himself.

      “She was your friend! Maybe even your lover! You abandoned her!” Anna screamed. “Tch! Don't make me laugh! Friend?! Lover?!” he sneered, his eyes full of a craze unlike any Anna had ever seen from him before. “Keep that shit to yourselves! Her and her teammates piss me off! They're going down... I'll destroy them! Annalise...Rubianne... Rosaline...all of them!”

     Anna clenched her fist in pure hate and anger. The man she'd owed her life to was a traitor. She'd even cared for him in a romantic sense at one point. Every little doubt in her mind about forgiving him went out the window. “Ha...haha...hahaha...” Anna laughed, her eyes slowly turning red without the use of contacts. “What the hell are you laughing at?! You make me sick!”

     “So we we're nothing but pawns in your little game...how amusing,” she smiled, reaching her hand up to grasp at the white haired wig. “A-Anna?!” Cullen gasped, suddenly startled by her change in voice and her ripping off the white wig. “No... You don't have the right to call me that! I am Hysteria and I will avenge myself and my teammates!” she declared, ripping the skirt to her dress and unsheathing a small sword that was attached to her lower leg.

      Cullen reached into his holster and pulled out a gun, aiming it at her forehead. “Teammates are nothing but trash!” he spat. Hysteria’s red eyes flashed. In a swift and spur of the moment motion she lifted her leg and kicked the gun from his hand.

      “You're the trash here! Now fight me like a man!” she retorted and sliced him across the face with her sword, managing to leave a cut above his lip. “Tch! The hell was that?!” he snarled. “I'll put you in your place you damn bitch— nngh!” his words were silenced and he fell to his knees after the sound of a weapon firing off behind her.

       When he fell before her feet Anna looked up to see her doppelganger Victoria with a tranquilizer gun in her hand. “He won't remember any of this when he wakes up.” she said calmly. “Thank you.” Hysteria sighed but Victoria's face was stern. “Don’t thank me, Ackerman. You weren't meant to have any of this happen to you. All of this happened much too soon. I'm going to send you back now but you won't remember any of this. Not until you're ready. I'm sorry." She wrapped her finger around the trigger again. “Wait! No—” Anna protested, gasping as the tranquilizer needle embedded itself into her skin.