Chapter 16

Dedicated Chapter Song: Just Tonight - The Pretty Reckless

Just tonight I won't leave and I'll lie and you'll believe. Just tonight I will see that it's all because of me.
(Ruby)

      Parading down the streets again on their way back to headquarters was never a pleasant surprise

      Parading down the streets again on their way back to headquarters was never a pleasant surprise. Those rotten civilians would never understand what they taxes went to. They'd never understand the horrors of what lied beyond and within the Walls. According to Hanji, the Female Titan that had slaughtered the original Levi Squad was as suspected, Annie Leonhart.

      However, on the downside, when being captured after being pulled from her Titan form by Eren Jaeger in his own Titan form, she materialized a crystal around herself that is virtually indestructible. As far as Anna was aware, Annie was now being kept underground and monitored should the crystal ever open.

      Though there was something else that piqued Anna's interest. Apparently while dress shopping with Rose in the capital, Hanji had discovered that within Wall Sina lived a Titan. For now, it was covered up but that led to Hanji's hypothesis of the Walls being made out of the same material as Annie’s crystal.

      On top of that Anna was informed to keep it on the down low, but two of her friends were suspected to be the Armored and the Colossal Titans. Anna didn't want to believe it. Reiner was always so kind to her and even when sparring together during training hours, he'd never seemed like the type of person to want to exterminate humanity.

      And Bertolt...sure, he was always quiet at times but he was relatively sweet. A person like him being the 60-meter monstrosity? There was no way!

      When the carriages arrived home, Anna was the first to jump out of the carriage, kneeling down in the mud, clutching to her hair in balled up fists. She screamed out loud, letting all of her anger and frustration out. “I can't take this! This is exactly why I injected that damn serum into myself in the first place!” she cried out. Ruby hopped out of the carriage and went to placed a hand on Anna's shoulder, but Anna swatted her away. “Don’t touch me, you filth! I... I need some space...” she breathed out.

      Ruby took a step back and sighed. “I'm sorry, Anna. I'm so sorry.” Anna snapped her head up to glare at her. “You're sorry? Sorry doesn't even begin to cover any of my problems! It's bad enough there's a new Titan, but on top of that there's several other Shifters who are potential threats, INCLUDING ME!” she screamed.

      “Woah, what? You're a... you're a Shifter, too?” Ruby breathed out. “I knew Rose was but... you I never suspected—”
      “Nor should you have.” Anna rose back to her feet. “I wasn't one when you knew me. I became one within the past couple of months. Not like you'd know that.” Rose lowered her head. “Again, I'm sorry. The Garrison's main concern was Eren Jaeger, not you. In case you haven't noticed, he's trying to rebuild the Walls and clear us a path to Shinganshina so that we might found out what's in the cellar.”