Chapter 24

Dedicated Chapter Song: Stay Alive - Andy Black

I keep telling myself that I can take you from this God-forsaken place. Stay alive for the good times. Stay alive through the bad.

(Rose)

"Captain Levi!" Rose breathlessly called as her horse dove into his field of view

"Captain Levi!" Rose breathlessly called as her horse dove into his field of view. Her sister was trailing behind her, just as tired. They'd rode all through the night to get back to him. "What the hell are you two doing here?" Levi stared at them. "What happened to the Wall?!"

      "There's no breach," Ruby shouted. "And we've identified both the Armoured Titan and the Colossal Titan. It's just as suspected. Reiner is the Armored and Bertolt is the Colossal. As for Anna, she's completely lost it and gone hysteric." Levi's eyes flashed. "We need your backup," Rose informed. "If you don't come there's no telling what kind of peril humanity will face. They want to take Eren and Ymir. There's not a doubt in my mind they'll try to take Anna too."

       In the blink of an eye, Levi had saddled his horse and mounted it, ordering a squadron to follow them for backup. "Take me to her," he ordered. Rose nodded, yanking the leather reigns of her horse as she turned it around. "Hyah!" she cried out, kicking her flanks against its body. Her sister and the Captain followed at her side.

      Halfway into the ride, Rose noticed a blood stain on her pristine white tank top. Reaching up to touch her nose, she realized the source of blood was coming from there. "No... It's too soon..." she shakily whispered. "Hey, Rosie, you okay?" Ruby moved up towards her. "Yeah," Rose nodded. "Just a nosebleed. Nothing to lose our composure over. Keep forward. We'll be at the Wall by sunrise."

      Ruby let out a small yawn. "Man, I should've just joined the MP like you wanted," she grunted. "Then I'd get to sleep in a bit more." she had pouted, making Rose reach out and ruffled her hair. "I promise you you'll get to sleep in as much as you'd like when this is all over, sœur,"

      "Je ne peux pas attendre!" Ruby excitedly laughed, exclaiming her unrest in the matter. "It looks like you might have to..." Levi stared at the Wall ahead. "What happened here?" he muttered to himself. "Like we said," Ruby piped up. "Big guy and strong guy decided to make their appearances."

      Half an hour later the trio stood atop the Wall, scanning their allies laying side by side as they rested from the immense fighting they'd endured. Ruby blinked as she scanned their heat signatures. "They're all abnormally hot for their body temperatures. There's no way any of these soldiers can fight in the next sixteen hours." she bit down on her lip.

     "Where's Anna, Eren, and Ymir?" Rose curiously asked one of the conscious soldiers. "Commander Anna?" the man replied timidly. "When Eren Jaeger and Ymir were taken, she fled after them. Though, we could see her from here when she was crushed." Rose's eyes widened as Levi stiffened. "What?"