Carl agreed, "Yeah so do just want to rooms separately but the rooms be next to each other?"

I nodded as I headed towards the nearest door, which happened to be on the right side. "See you in a few." I grasped the door, jiggling it a few times before the door opened.

The door opened to a small living room area, that had a quarter of it taken up by a small kitchen area. I headed over to the small strip of countertop that was included in the kitchen. There was a glass bowl that had brown tiny lumps, nine outdated paychecks for water bills and an envelope opener. Inside the cabinets that were above held only useless things compared to what I needed. Cups, bowls, and plates was all that I found.

I searched through the lower cabinets, found one can of sliced pineapples and two cans of kidney beans. I placed the cans I got in my still soaked bag and continued to search the apartment. The living room held nothing of value so I moved on through the two other rooms. One bedroom and a bathroom.

As I thought, the bedroom held nothing of value either so the bathroom was the last hope for some more supplies. I gripped the doorknob, only to turn it and have nothing happen. I took a small breath as I prepared to shoulder hit the door. The door groaned opened soon after the second try.

I emerged into the small room only to find blood stains cover the walls. Small hand prints plastered on the wall, all leading to the bathtub. Instead of finding what horrible things that lay inside the tub, I open the cabinet under the sink. I took a quick note of what was inside and grabbed what deemed necessary to take. Just as I pulled the door open, the mystery behind the bathtub wouldn't leave my head.

I sauntered over, I slowly grabbed the blood soaked shower curtain and tugged it to the left. Without realizing my eyes were closed, I opened them. Wishing I never had the trait of curiosity, I screamed at the sight and ran out of the bathroom and the whole apartment itself. I slid down the wooden wall in the hall and just sat.

I let myself catch my breath before I walked further down the hall to the last apartment on the right side. This door was already open when I reached it. I secured my bag onto my shoulders, cocked my gun once more as I step foot inside the area.

I turned the corner into the kitchenette area only to run into a body. With neither of us falling to the ground, I hurriedly tried to back away only to have familiar hands grab a hold of my waist. "Was that you that screamed? I was just going to see where you were actually."

"Yeah it was me Carl. I just saw something quite unpleasant to the eyes. I'd rather not talk about it right now and I would not suggest you go and see it either." I stuttered out, still surprised by running into Carl and what was rotting away inside the bathroom.

"I'll take your word for it. I already went through this dump, nothing expect for a can of pinto beans. And some dry throw up next to a knife. Didn't grab the knife though. We should finish up the rooms, you wanna do the next one together?"

"Yeah- yes. Sure sounds great Carl. Thanks." I kept the sentence short still having my head focused on what I saw. "No problem."

The one eyed beauty lost his grip on my waist, but then places his left hand with my right. As we both walked out of the confined and messy area, our arms started to swing gradually. We reached the first door on the left side and had to do little to open the cracking door.

This apartment was no different than the others, a small living room followed by a smaller kitchen, one hallway that lead to a bedroom and a bathroom. We split up, Carl taking the living room and the bathroom leaving me with taking the rest.

I scoured through the cabinets in the kitchen, finding nothing but dirty dishes. The bedroom held nothing of desire to me other than a poster of an old favorite show of mine, F.R.I.E.N.D.S. But I left the wilting piece of paper behind and met up with Carl outside in the hall.