Invisibility Problems - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Would you quiet it down?!" Mirabelle shouted, woken up by Aurora's excitement. "I'm trying to sleep."

"Don't be like that. It's Christmas!"

"Oh, really? I didn't even notice." She replied, sarcastically. "Just shut up and let me sleep."

"Even during Christmas she's unbearable..." Aurora muttered.

"I heard that." Mirabelle informed, covering her head.

Aurora rolled her eyes and started to get dressed. Today was an important day.

She and Espen went to the common room, waiting for Caspar and Lynx, so that the four of them could have breakfast together.

"Good morning, girls." Balthazar greeted. He had his brown hair tied down with both tips from the sides of his head loose and a white shirt tucked in black pants. His shoulders were covered by a grey scarf. Somehow, his style resembled Caput's.

"Merry Christmas." They replied. He showed a smile.

"Are you waiting for my brother?" He asked.

"Yes. Do you know if he's already up?" Aurora spoke.

"Just a minute." He said, taking from his pocket a piece of paper.

Balthazar held it in his hands and, then, suddenly, it started floating. He moulded the piece of paper, making it become a little bird.

"Wake up, Caspar." He whispered to it.

The paper bird started flying on his own, in the direction of the boys' dorm.

"That was amazing." Aurora said.

"Thank you. It's the Art of Origami that I developed. I can manipulate paper into any kind of animal or object that I want." He informed.

"Is it hard? You don't seem to need your wand to perform it." Espen inquired.

"The Japanese have performed this art throughout centuries only using their hands to create a link between the caster and the paper by touch. With that link the caster can transmit his energy to the paper and make it flow within it, making it able to shape it. What makes this type of magic difficult is the amount of control that you have to have of your energy. The bigger the origami, the bigger the energy it requires." Balthazar explained. "I've been practising for a long time."

"Who taught you?" Aurora asked.

"Professor Caput did. Last year he discovered that I was practising this art, so he decided to help me. It became easier once he started to teach me."

Aurora was perplex. Caput kept surprising her. She wondered what was his range of magic, what wasn't he able to do, because, right now, it seemed like he could do anything.
There was so many things, so many types of magic that she still didn't know. Her curiosity and ambition were now triggered. She wanted to have more knowledge of the world she lived in.

The bird came back, landing on Balthazar's shoulder.

"Seriously, couldn't you wake me up like a normal person?" The bird spoke in Caspar's voice. "I almost had a heart attack. Not to mention that that thing bit me! Is that even a bird? It looks like a chicken. You should practice more, dear brother. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you."

"A chicken?!" Balthazar shouted, offended.

"Morning, girls." Lynx greeted. He looked at Balthazar and bowed "Balthazar."

"Where is that foolish brother of mine?" He asked.

"I'm here, brother." Caspar said walking towards him, smirking. "Do you have anything to say?"