Chapter Ten: Blood Calls to Blood

Start from the beginning

"Then Clary and I will scout Renwick's." Jace said, but the blonde shook her head quickly and sighed. 

"No, you need to heal. You need to take it easy." Skye said, Michael nodded in agreement and glanced at Luke. 

"I'll go with Clary. Skye, you deal with you have to...Jace and Michael stay here. My pack will watch over you guys." And with that, they all separated...going their own ways.

~

Skylar had ended up going with Alec to see Magnus, the two spoke about what was going on and how they needed to help Isabelle. "Tired of bickering over the guest list for your wedding?" Magnus asked, by the tone of his voice..it was clear that he was upset about this all and Skye knew that for sure.

"I need to ask you something." Alec began, as Skye and him followed Magnus to where he served himself a drink.

"And we wouldn't be here unless it was urgent...and very important to us." Skye said, Magnus only looked directly at her before looking back at Alec....she knew that this was a bit hard for him to stand here...and see a man that he liked.

"This is about my sister."

"Oh, I see. Are you referring to the fact that your adorable fiancee has Isabelle on trial for treason? What can I do for you two? My sister wants you to be her defense attorney. I said I would ask. I know a Downworlder can't defend a Shadowhunter in court." Alec said as he turned around but Skye quickly grabbed his arm and turned him straight around."But a Shadowhunter accused of a crime can choose any advocate." Skye said, see...she made sure she knew enough about the laws. She is Valentine's daughter after all and there was a possibility that she would be accused of something that she would never ever do. But you never know..the Clave is sneaky...and if they wanted to blame someone they would choose an easy target.
"That can't mean a Downworlder." Alec said, Magnus smirked slightly as he slowly stood up and took a sip of his delicious drink.
"The Clave was so rigid and prejudiced back in what they call the Time of Angels that they didn't dream of a Shadowhunter asking a Downworlder for help, they didn't even bother to exclude us." Magnus said as he approached..Alec closely...he had backed up slightly glancing at Skye who watched with a grin on her lips. Oh come on, no one could lie and say they didn't see the sparks between the two. "So, since, as you all say." He paused before using an old man voice. "the Law is the Law" there's no stopping me from slipping through this gaping loophole, for the right price of course."

"Would prefer if it was free...for me!" Skye said with a bright smile, Magnus walked over to her and smiled sweetly as he placed a hand on her cheek in a fatherly manner.

"Pumpkin, I need to charge him. He asked for a favor...and that is that..." Magnus said softly, moving his hand then returning his gaze to Alec. "All I ask for is your bow and quiver." Alec tensed up slightly...letting out a long sigh.

"Done."

~

The plan...was meant to go smoothly right? So far...it seemed quite well...as Skylar had managed to get into the building while Jace, Luke and Michael fault off Valentine's men fearlessly. It was easy, quick and smooth. Luke was stopped by someone else.....he sent the two others away and into this building. In heart..Luke will always be a shadowhunter...everyone needed to be reminded of that.

Skylar was a bit resist walking into the building, she stepped forward pushing the doors wide open and her heart sunk when seeing her mother there. She held onto her blade tightly, walking towards her unconscious mother. She glanced back seeing Jace and Michael run over, closing the door behind them and using a rune to seal it well. "Jace, where's Luke?" She asked, she had..slowly started to care more about Luke as she got to know him better than before.

"He told us to leave him, Skye...we need to do this. We need to be able to fight these demons.." Jace said, Skye nodded slowly and gulped. She finally found her mother, Clary could finally be much better and thankfully the redhead wasn't here to witness this. "Use the cup." She pulled out the cup and cleared her throat.

She held it up, watching it glisten brightly. "Demons find Valentine!" She ordered, over and over again but got nothing. Michael stepped forward, taking the cup but before he tried it...he revealed himself...as who you all ask? As Valentine. "Should we let the demons take care of this?" The blonde asked as she looked at Jace who shook his head.

"No, send them away." Jace said, holding up his blade as he watched Valentine carefully. "He's mine." Skye had sent away the demons, placing the cup back into the bag. The next few minutes...the next words that left Valentine's mouth....well everything had turned black for Skye in general. 'I'm your father, I'm also your father Skylnn.' Those were the words in repeat over and over again. When Valentine left, and Luke came in...and she assumed that he was speaking to Jocelyn...something about taking her home.

'Skylnn? Breath...' The angel's voice spoke softly in Skye's head as her necklace glowed lightly but not too much. Not wanting to reveal herself here....the blonde put her blade away and walked away as quickly as possible.

~

Returning to the Institute, Skye had left Jace and Clary to speak. This one walked about, all around until she saw Alec leave the room Isabelle was in. She slowly walked into the room with a tear rolling down her cheek. "That reality ruined me...I was in love...with Jace. No I am in love with him. I did the one thing...I knew would hurt me...I fell in love with the wrong person. Because now he's my brother..." She managed to say before she started to cry, Isabelle tensed up slightly and sighed. She quickly walked over and closed the door behind Skye....before she pulled the blonde into a tight hug.

"And I thought I had a bad day...." Isabelle said quietly, a tear rolling down her cheek as well. It wasn't because she was sad..it was relief that she was safe. But now she needed to help her parabatai with this heartbreak more than anything......