Epilogue

So I, Aisha Alicia Lyon, gave birth to AJAYSHA (A-HAY-SHA) MOESHA LYON on the sixth day of August. She was a premature baby due to my stress level. I had went down to Atlanta and found a loop hole in Take 3's contract at Midtown South and I was able to sign them after three months; by that time. I was five to six months into my pregnancy. When I went back up to Los Angeles, everyone was happy that the baby was still in tact in my womb. The lil thing had grown on me and we kinda became best friends. A month later was when the actual stress kicked in. Hakeem was chasing after the fame and got caught up in a reckless scandal which I had to clear up. Luscious wanted me to be the next CEO of Empire — I don't know why. Cookie and Andre's girlfriend kept me busy with baby stuff and then I had to manage Take 3 cause the rest of them were to busy and the girls' manager couldn't get up to Los Angeles. By the eighth month of my pregnancy, I was screaming and snapping at every body. On August fifth at approximately nine fifthy-six in the night, I was rushed to the hospital from Lyon Dynasty.

After I had left Empire that day, I had to attend a meeting at Lyon Dynasty. We were trying to keep Tianna in the spotlight with her new album but sales were dropping. The words "Fuck it! Do a couple of duets with some major artists at both labels and add them to your deluxe edition of the album!" was what brought a strong pain to my abdomen. I had to calm down cause I was getting angry and so was my baby. "It don't work that way, Aisha and plus, she don't got a deluxe edition." Hakeem growled. "MAKE ONE DUMB ASS! YOU SUPPOSED TO BE CEO OF THIS PLACE AND CAN'T—" I froze when I felt what seemed to be water running down my leg but when I checked, I saw blood.

I was rushed to the hospital and my baby girl was born the next day. She was premature but healthy yet still Hakeem was on my case because I almost lost her.

Hakeem: You out my child's life in danger, nearly killed her! I know you didn't want her but shit...almost killing her bruh!
Me: I ain't try to kill her, I been stressing and you know that.

I was talking low and slow cause I was tired and the lil momma was sleeping. Everybody else had gone home for the time being.

Hakeem: Stressin bout what? You been planning how to get rid of her from the time you told me bout her!

I looked towards the door and saw Alex with a bear.

Alex: I can just come back later—
Hakeem: Nah, I was just leaving.

He brushed passed her and left.

Me: Thought you'd be home, sleeping.

I giggled. I was in a lot of pain but trued not to show it.

Alex: You know when we first started out like 2 years ago, we had just won Atlanta's NextFest and I found out I was pregnant.
Me: What happened?
Alex: Everyone thought I had a miscarriage, I told them I had a miscarriage but in reality, my boyfriend was in a wheel chair and our careers had just started, I wasn't ready for a child.
Me: You got rid of it?
Alex: Yeah turn like six months later, Derek caught me kissing Noah Brooks.
Me: Shit.
Alex: I messed up but I don't want you to mess up. When I saw that you were going to make the same mistake I made, I stopped you. That road leads to nowhere good.

I started to cry. I was giving everything I got to the music industry but I didn't put any for myself or my child.

Alex: You're a major artist, A. You on the charts girl. Take time for you and that lil girl cause she gon need you a whole lot if Hakeem walks out.
Me: He said he loved me. He married me.
Alex: We fucked up, we all fucked up. Star, Simone, me, you, we all done did shit.
Star: Yeah. We did. I thought sleeping around could get us to the top, I thought a rich handsome guy beating on me and apologizing was love.
Simone: I smoked, I popped pills, I drank, I was raped.
Me: Where you bitches popped from?
Simone: We been here.
Me: You really think he gon leave me?
Star: That scandal ain't make it self sweetie. He either cheat frfr or he bout to.

I picked up my phone and called him, a girl picked up.

Me: Aye where Hakeem?
Girl: Sleeping.
Me: Who's this?
Girl: Nah, who is you?
Me: His wife and the mother of his new born daughter. Wake him to fuck up!
Girl: Oh shit! Hakeem wake ya ass up. (in background)

I threw the phone at the wall out of anger.

Me: Get me a lawyer, some peppermint ice cream and my discharge papers. I'm done.
Alex: You bout to throw away six going seven years?
Me: You know...he raped me when I was younger but I forgave him and I never cheated I was always faithful. He stay cheating and I stay forgiving but—
Star: Babygirl calm down.

I looked at Ajaysha and smiled through my tears. If there was anybody who knew how to put up a front for the public...it was me. I looked at the phone across the room.

Me: Call him again. Tell him to come sign those papers so I can leave with my daughter.

It was still early in the morning so I'd still have to wait till bout 9:00 am to get discharged. And wait I did. Star had called Hakeem and then they left to get some rest. 10:35 am and I was still sitting in the hospital bed with my baby.

Hakeem: Aye, let's go.

I gave him a blank look and took up Ajaysha.

Me: Did you sign the discharge papers?
Hakeem: Yes.
Me: Are there paps out there?
Hakeem: Yes.
Me: Good. Better give them a damn good show, hubby.

I fake smiled and sat in the wheelchair as the nurse came in and rolled me out with him following carrying our bags. When we got by the front entrance, I fixed my hair and admired how my cardigan matched my sweatpants, tee and slides. Everything was blue, just how I liked it. The paps were telling questions as Hakeem 'protected' Ajaysha and I. One question made me stop walking and that was when the pap asked why Take 3 stayed overnight with me and not my own hubby.

Me: I understand that Hakeem has priorities and sometimes those priorities come before us. I requested Take 3 to stay with me cause they're girls and I needed some girl time so it was a win-win situation for both of us.

After my statement, I got into the backseat of the Jeep with my baby girl.

********
Five years later...

Me: Haysha, you better be dressed by the time ya father gets here!
Ajaysha: Why can't I spend Christmas with you?
Me: Cause you spent ya birthday with me.

I turned around from the stove only to face my five year old standing in nothing but her night shirt.

Me: Thought I told you to get ready.
Ajaysha: Can't daddy just stay with us?
Me: No cause he's spending Christmas with his family.
Ajaysha: Cookie and Lulu?
Me: Yes, Cookie and Lulu.
Ajaysha: Why don't you come?
Me: Daddy doesn't want me there this year. I'll stay here and cook—
Ajaysha: BUT I want to be with you.
Me: Daddy's on his way already.
Ajaysha: Send him back mommy. Please.

And then there were the tears. Hakeem decided he was man enough to walk up in my house. Ajaysha stood there crying her eyes out and Daysha was behind Hakeem.

Me: One, Hakeem ya gotta learn to knock. Two, Daysha baby how are you? Three, Ajaysha don't want to go to your house this year.
Hakeem: Ajaysha go put on some clothes.
Ajaysha: Daddy can I stay with mommy?
Hakeem: You been with mommy. Plus Cookie and Lulu are waiting on you.
Me: Baby go get dressed.
Hakeem: Yeah, go get dressed.

Ajaysha stood there with this mean ass look on her face. Now I damn well knew what was coming next.

Ajaysha: Daddy you can go home. I'm staying with mommy!
Daysha: What about our play date?
Ajaysha: It can wait.

In the end, I was spending Christmas with my baby girl and a very angry Hakeem was spending it with his family.

Aight, so I'm done...