Fourteen

I woke up the next morning to Zeke buzzing my phone. I kissed my teeth and let it ring for a bit before answering.  

"What do you want?"

"Was that your lil boyfriend yesterday?"

"Not that it's any of your business but no."

"See, ion know if to believe that cause you said the same thing bout me."

"I was young as fuck so take what I said back then with a grain of salt or whateva."

"But we still dated though, trust and believe."

"I got shit to do so stop playin on my damn phone."

I hung up before he could respond knowing that he would have found some way to make that conversation last the whole day. Literally. I got up, did my hygiene and shoved on a Spider Riders graphic tee, black shorts, black knee high socks and my graffiti timberlands. I slip my phone into my pocket, grabbed my keys and exited the house. I made it to Lyon Dynasty in no time where I saw this latino dude waiting outside.

"Hey, you looking for somebody?"

"I'm looking for Cookie."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Anthony Cabello."

"The big time promoter?"

"The one and only."

I was shocked that Cookie could get a big time promoter for Lyon Dynasty. I mentally did a little dance then opened the door and let him in.

"You said you were looking for Cookie, did you call her?" I asked. "She told me to wait herefor her the last time I spoke to her. I nodded and hummed. "Call her again." While he called Cookie, I scramble into her office to fix it up a bit. Hakeem had been texting me most of the morning and I was trying hard not to answer but was failing miserably. Anthony popped up at the door the same time my phone rang.

"You should return that call." He pointed to my phone that I had slammed onto the table.

"It's not important."

"Clearly, if you're avoiding it and tossing your phone around like that. Did the person upset you?"

"Don't worry bout it."

I opened Hakeem's message.

Hakeem

Hakeem: Hey, I'm sorry.
Me: Drop the subject.
Hakeem: No.
Me: Why?
Hakeem: Cause he is your cousin and he did that to you.
Me: Drop the effing subject.
Hakeem: Suppose he hurts you again?
Me: ...